Chapter 24: Predictable

I walked into the abandoned subway where Boyd, Erica, Isaac, and Derek were training.

I'll admit- I miss Just Derek and I training sometimes. The little competitions we'd have, the worst worries we had were Hunters. I missed our banters, it seemed like Derek was distancing himself from me.

I began to think it was because I wasn't as good as the others. Which is why I came today, to train.

Isaac kept coming at Derek the exact same way, resulting in him being thrown down every time.

I stepped forward and threw a punch and he blocked. I learned he liked to favor his dominate side so I took advantage of it. I fake punched and when he went to block I grabbed his arm and pinned him up against the wall, my arm pinned to his throat.
He grabbed my arm and swung me into the wall that he had just been pinned against and he held both his arms against my neck. Erica jumped from behind and he threw me off him and caught her by the neck and threw her down.

"Can anyone try not being completely predictable? Huh."

Erica jumped up and kissed him.

I blinked in shock, when he kissed her back, I quickly got up, rubbing the blood off my cheek and walking away.

"That's the last time you do that," Derek said.

"Why? Because I am a beta?" Erica asked.

"No, because I have someone else in mind for you."

"Are we done? I got about hundred bones that need a few hours to heal," Isaac complained.

" Okay," Derek replies, seemingly sympathetic. I glanced back and Derek broke Isaac's arm.

"Hundred and one. You think I am teaching you how to fight? Look at me! I am teaching you how to survive!"

"What are they waiting for?"

"I don't know. But they're planning something. And you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. Until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that I know. As fast as I can teach you."

"You let Elizabeth leave- why? Because she's your favorite?" Erica asked, my ears perking at my name.
"No, if I had it my way, she wouldn't even be a werewolf."

I thought being tortured by Kate, my father beating me, being shot by arrows, and my back breaking, or getting shot with wolfsbane were the worse pain in the world. I was wrong. That. Derek saying that was the worse pain.

I completely left, heading to my apartment.
~
I was sitting on my couch, listening to the light drizzle against my window, the only comfort right now.

I pursed my lips hearing a new sound and smelling it as well. Cinnamon.

"There's a reason there's doors."

"You weren't answering your phone, and something tells me you wouldn't answer the door either."

"So you just barge in?" I asked, standing up, crossing my arms. 

"You left training."

"Yup."

He glared at me and I glared back. He wouldn't make me feel guilty, not when I knew he never wanted me there anyways.

"After everything- this past year- I never ever swayed from your side. I defended you- I just fought with Scott telling him to just trust you and this whole time... you wouldn't even have me as a werewolf.. or in your pack. Everyone thinks Scott is the omega, when really it's been me this whole time... hasn't it?"
I felt a single tear fall and I internally cursed. "I've never been good enough," I whispered.

"It's true, I wouldn't have bitten you- but it's not because of what you think," He said.

"Then what?! You've hardly spoken to me since that night!"

I suddenly felt his lips on mine, his hands cupping my face.

I kissed him back, as he pulled me closer, deepening the kiss.

I pulled back, breathless.

"This is why," he whispered. "You can't be near me."

"Why?"

"Because I love you Lizbeth."

I looked up in his eyes surprised.

"The people I love always get hurt. You were captured while trying to look for me, and it won't stop there."

I stared at him and slowly kissed him. "I don't care."

"You should- it's only going to get worse."

"I don't care if I get hurt, and it's a risk I'm willing to take because I love you."

He slowly leaned in, our lips only millimeters apart, my heart pounding. It was almost like he was asking, I slowly closed the gap and kissed him. This was different then the first, it wasn't as hungry, it was gentle, slow, hesitant, and it was like time slowed. 

We slowly pulled away and he brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You are the best of them," he whispered.

I laughed and shook my head. "Biased."

"Maybe a little."

I pulled him closer and kissed him again, the world knew I had been waiting forever for this moment and it was finally here.