Chapter 62: Chocolate Cake

"Who's idea was this?" I asked calmly, too calmly.

Everyone was looking at their feet.

I crossed my arm and tapped my foot. It was like raising six more kids.

"I asked a question," I said again.

Everyone snuck a glance at Ethan.

I raised my eyebrows and stepped closer to him and he didn't look at me.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you," I said calmly again.

He didn't at first but then his brother nudged him and he looked at me.

"My eyes please," I said, knowing he was either staring right above me, my mouth, or my nose. A trick to make people think you were looking them in the eyes when really you were focusing on ignoring. One I used all the time when my father demanded I look him in the eyes.

We made eye contact and I uncrossed my arms. "Why did you this?"

"Danny wanted a Halloween party but then we had the black out."

"So you brought them here because you knew we had a generator?"

He slowly nodded.

"And you decided to do this without tell us? Without asking? You brought strangers into our home... they made a mess! And you also are underage drinking!!"
I crossed my arms again and sighed. "I'm very disappointed in all of you. You all knew better."

"We're sorry," Scott said.

"No.. you're sorry you got caught. How did you get in past the security system?"

"Key," Ethan answered.

"We never gave you a key."

He glanced at Isaac who felt his pockets.

"So you also stole our key?" I asked and sighed placing my hand out. "Everyone's key... now, you all are grounded from you key. You all are also helping clean up and I don't want to hear any complaining because you would've had to do it anyways if you were sneaking around!"

They all started handing me their keys and then I looked around.

"Where is Stiles?"

For once he wasn't in the middle of trouble.

"He said he had to check something."

I checked my phone and saw he texted this morning a happy birthday but that was it.

I shot him a text saying I needed to meet and I would grab his key then and his backup.

We spent the next hours cleaning.

I made the twins clean the bathroom, the worst room to ever clean after a party.

Isaac wasn't looking at me and Scott was glancing every so often to see if I had cooled off.

The new girl who was named Kira helped clean with Allison.

I went up the nursery to check on the kids.

I picked M'Lynn up as she giggled and babbled.

I sighed and sat on the couch and pinched the bridge of my nose.

I felt a weight beside me as someone sat down.

He placed his hand on my knee and I glanced at him.

"Something is on your mind," Derek said.

I raised my eyebrows. "I always do."

"Since we left you've been anxious."