Chapter 44: The Vault

I was in the loft with Derek trying to find information on the bank on the laptop when Peter came strolling in.

"We really need to get a security system.." I mumbled.

"You should love me. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be what you are," Peter said.

I turned and looked at him. "You didn't know if I'd live!"

He shrugged. "But you were dead anyways. Might as well try.."

I huffed and turned back to the laptop.

Derek nodded his head for Peter to get as much as distance between me.

Peter rolled his eyes and sat down on the spiral stairs. Was going to have to bleach them after he left.

It wasn't until 5 o'clock that Isaac, Stiles, And Scott came rushing into the loft.

Stiles laid out several papers on the table in front of us.

"You see this? This is how they got in," he said, pointing at something.

I'll admit blueprints never really made sense to me. 
Derek looked at him and he sighed.

"It's a rooftop air conditioning vent," he explained. "Leads down inside into the wall of the vault, which is here." He pointed.

"Okay?" Derek asked.

"One of the robbers was lowered into this shaft. Now, that space is so small, it took him about 12 hours to drill into that wall, which is stone, by the way. Then throughout the rest of the night, they siphoned the cash up to the guys back on the roof through that one little shaft in the wall. Boom."

"Can we fit in there?" Scott asked.

"Yes, we can, but very, very barely. And they also patched the wall, obviously, so we're gonna need a drill of some kind. I'm thinking maybe a diamond bit -"

"Look, forget the drill," Derek sighed.

"Sorry?" Stiles asked, turning his attention to him.

"If I go in first, how much space do I have?"

"What do you what do you think you're gonna do, Derek? You gonna punch through the wall?"

"Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall."

"Okay, okay, big guy. Let's see it. Let's see that fist. Big, old fist. Make it, come on. Get it out there. Don't be scared. Big, bad wolf," Stiles taunted.

I rolled my eyes and Derek uncrossed his arms, looking very unamused and made a fist.

"Yeah, look at that. Okay, see this?" Stiles asked, holding his hand maybe three inches away from Derek's fist.

That was going to hurt. That was a big mistake on Stiles part but I wasn't about to warn him.

I learned by training with Derek that his punches packed quiet the strength and he wasn't even hitting full force. Let's just say I'll never ask him to punch me again and my blocks got a lot quicker.

"That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-" Stiles started but Derek punched him and he fell into the table. "Ah!" He whimpered and walked off holding his hand and yelping. "Ah! He could do it."

"I'll get through the wall," Derek said. "Who's following me down?"

Derek glanced at me and I nodded. He didn't even need to ask. This was our pack.

Derek then glanced at Peter.

"Don't look at me. I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself."