Chapter 9 (Colby's POV)

I couldn't help myself. There was something about this girl that was making me crazy and I hated it.

I loved being what I was. I loved the speed, the compulsion, the strength, everything that came along with it. I even loved the blood. The warm, tangy richness of it flowing down my throat.

There was nothing better...but I didn't kill people. I drank enough to sustain me, maybe a little more, but never enough to kill them. They would usually pass out, sleep it off, and wake up a little woozy the next day, not remembering anything.

This girl though...this Chloe. I walked into the garage wanting to ask Sam when we were going to eat. I was starving.

We didn't like to draw attention to ourselves so we only ate when we needed too and it was never enough.

 I didn't like to wait too long though. Last time I waited...well, something bad happened. Something that I will never forgive myself for.

 I looked at Sam, seeing the human girl Kat on his lap. She was a nice girl and seemed to be good for him. I didn't really know how he controlled himself being that close to her.

We only had these parties to get people to the house so that we could eat without notice. It was easier than hunting. Most of the time, all I had to do was crook my finger at a female and she would follow me anywhere. Usually right to my bedroom, where I would satisfy her first, giving her the best night of her life, then satisfy myself by tasting her blood.

 I had to stop thinking about that or Sam would get pissed at me for drinking from Kat. I was actually STARVING.

I inhaled, about to let him know that she needed to leave, that it was time, but the strangest, most delicious scent I had ever smelled filled my senses.

 I knew that it was human blood but it was different. It was like I was being compelled by it, to come take the person that it was inside of and drink them dry. I snapped my head towards the scent, ready to jump them right there, the flame burning in my stomach.

 My gaze connected with a set of hazel green eyes. At first, the eyes were admiring me. I could tell...but then they turned to shock.

She had blonde streaked hair, and a pale complexion. Her black leather jacket made her seem even more pale. Her full lips parted ever so slightly while I stared at her, and it took everything in me not to take her right then. I wanted to taste her mouth, then sink my teeth into her neck, until her body was limp against my own.

All of this happened within a matter of seconds and I felt myself almost start towards her before I stopped myself. I snapped my head back to Sam, glaring at him.

Why the fuck did he have to keep bringing these females into the inner circle? I swear I was so tired of him doing this! First Katrina, and now this girl? It was too much. He was going to end up getting us caught and we would have to move again.

"What the fuck is she doing here?' I snapped out. 

She replied something to me, causing me to meet her damn gaze again. I didn't even hear what she said.

 I saw her move from the corner of my eye as Sam replied. "CHLOE is here because she's Kat's friend and I said she could come. You got a problem with it?" Sam was trying to stare me down. I hated him right now, in this second.

 "Yeah, I do. Why didn't you tell me that someone...like her was coming over? It's not a good time." I tried to get my point across, letting him know that this girl was going to die if she didn't leave.

She jumped up and came striding across the room to me, anger pouring out of her, making her intoxicating scent even stronger. Fuck. I needed to leave right now.

"I'm leaving. This was a bad idea anyways. I don't know what I did to piss off pretty boy over here, but I'm out. I'll see you later." Pretty boy, huh? She thought I was pretty.

 I didn't look at her, just kept glaring at Sam for putting me in this position. He just smirked at me. Fucking asshole.

"Can you move, or is that asking too much?" Her sarcastic tone cut through my anger.

 "Colby, stop being a dick all the fucking time brother. It's getting old."

Sam did not just say that to me! I was being a dick? He knew how hard this was for me under normal circumstances, now he brings this girl in here that is literally 2 seconds away from dying if she doesn't step away from me.

"Chloe you don't have to leave." He told her.

I turned my gaze to her again and almost smiled from the look of intense anger on her face. Apparently, I was having an affect on her. I'd like to see what else I could make her feel.

 I bit my lip, thinking about the possibilities, as I looked her voluptuous body up and down. Damn, curves in all the right places. .

What the fuck are you thinking Colby? I need to go. Right now. Damn you Sam.

"You can stay. I'm leaving." I spit out, using every ounce of self control I had to walk out of that room, slamming the door behind me in frustration.

 I walked into the massive hallway of our home, and saw a pretty little brunette chick leaning back against the wall, holding a mixed drink of some sort. She was drunk. That would make it easier.

 She met my gaze and I gave her my most seductive gaze, and walked up to her. "Hey there," I said smoothly, trying to keep the hunger from gnawing away at me and making me crazy.

 I cursed Sam again for making me wait this long. He always did this when Kat was here, trying to spend more time with her.

 Well, I wasn't waiting tonight. I needed to drink.

The girl batted her eyelashes at me, and I licked my lips, letting my eyes trail down her face, over to her neck and linger there. I could see her pulse beating beneath her tanned skin.