178 Colby's POV

I would win her back, and go through the entire process again. I would do anything that I had to do to have her back in my life.

"Unless," Aza's voice came through the speaker after a moment. "I have heard of this one thing. I don't know if it's true or not. It's very old. There isn't even any record of it in the Vampire Handbook."

Really? The Vampire Handbook. That was a little much.

I just called it the Book.

"What? What is it Aza?" I asked frantically.

"Weeell, it's not pleasant. You may be better off just trying to win the human girl over again..."

I growled into the phone, unable to help myself. If there was a chance of bringing Chloe's memories back then I would do whatever it was. I would do anything for her.

"Just tell me!" I barked into the phone.

"Tsk, tsk, Friend, you're showing disrespect. That's not a good way to receive help is it?"

Oh you bastard! He was doing this to me on purpose, drawing it out, making me beg for it. I took a deep breath to try and calm myself again.

"Aza, old friend, please. Chloe is my One. I can't survive without her." I released the secret to him, hoping he would have pity on me, and not use this to his advantage.

"Oh!" He replied in surprise. "I didn't realize. I thought you just took a liking to her, maybe loved her, but she's your One? Well, that changes everything."

My body was tingling with anticipation. This could go one of two ways. Either he actually tries to help me, or he takes advantage of the situation, uses this information against me, and tries to take down my entire clan.

I was praying it was the first way.

"Are you going to help me or should I just see if the Council can help instead?" I asked, my voice deadpan again, afraid to show emotion after my confession.

Maybe if I inadvertently threatened him with The Council.

"Hmm, you're lucky I am a sucker for love, Colby, or that little remark would have pissed me off. However, since I can understand the kind of emotional stress you are under, I'm willing to help."

I sighed a breath of relief at his words. "Thank you." I breathed out, and I meant it.

"Yes, of course, what are friends for, after all. The thing is, I don't know of anyone who has ever tried this so I'm not entirely sure that it works. This is a game of chance."

"That's fine, I don't care." I interrupted him.

"That's rude Colby, let me finish." He replied, sounding annoying.

I rolled my eyes and sat down on my couch.

"My apologies, please continue."

He sniffed, then started to speak again. "This 'ritual' for lack of a better term may kill you. Are you still willing to try it for the human girl?"

"Absolutely." I replied without hesitation. "Will she be okay though?"

I wasn't willing to risk her life.

"Hmm, yes, she should be fine. It's just your own life that you should worry about."

"That doesn't matter. What do I do?"

"Okay then, let's get on with it. You're going to need to make a blood potion. You and your human girl will need to consume the potion, perform the ritual, and then, as cliche as it sounds, share true loves kiss and all of that."

I furrowed my brow thinking about what he had said. "So why is this dangerous for me? It just seems like your basic ritual."

He giggled a little before answering. "If this ritual works, there is nothing basic about it. The blood potion will be made with your blood, her blood, her compeller's blood, an innocent's blood, a certain concoction that only I have right now, and the kicker," He paused for dramatic effect. "The girl MUST know what you are doing. She has to drink the potion, and be open to regaining her memories."

Still didn't sound that bad to me. Yeah, it was gonna be tough getting her to trust me again, especially enough to perform some kind of witchy ass ritual, but I would make it happen.

"Still don't see how I could die." I responded, raising my eyebrow.

He sighed in annoyance, like I was a small child that still needed more guidance.

I stiffened but held my tongue and waited.

"The blood concoction will be laced with an extreme amount of the 'poison' that was used on your group before. Taken in large doses, it can be lethal...and the dose that's needed for the potion is very large."

"It won't hurt Chloe though?" I asked hesitantly.

"No," He replied. "The poison is specifically for vampires. It will only make her sleepy. Are you sure you want to do this? You will also have to learn how to pry into her memories to help uncover the ones that she buried. You see, compulsion doesn't take them away, it only buries them deep down. You will have to invade her mind to help uncover them. This can also be very hard on her and you."

I was apprehensive about this part.

Would Chloe want me to do this?

To invade her most private thoughts, even if it meant she got her memories back?

I think she would but...

"What do you mean by it will be hard on her? I thought you said that she would be safe."

He chuckled again.

It was really starting to grate on my nerves.

"She will be safe but she will probably have a massive headache for a couple of days. Getting your brain sifted through can't be pleasant. You, on the other hand, may lose yourself in her memories, and be unable to find your way back to your own, getting locked inside the deepest parts of yourself. Do you understand what that means?"

Not really but he was making it sound pretty damn bad.

"Not really." I replied aloud.

He sighed again.

"It means that your consciousness will be locked inside your own worst memories forever, with no way of getting you out. Are you prepared to deal with that?"