Chapter 22 (Colby's POV)

"Sam, I really don't think this is a good idea." I told him, as he stood in my doorway.

 "Bro, we need another person. I trust you to be around her more than the others."

"Why though?!" I exclaimed, standing up from my bed. "She affects me more than the others. Ask Mike! She seems to like him anyways."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Are you jealous, Brother?"

 I rolled my eyes. Yes. "No, I'm not jealous!" I dragged my hand through my already messy hair. "Her scent is too strong man. I can't...I don't know if I can control myself around her."

Plus, there's this irresistible craving that I have to be with her, but I'm not gonna say that out loud. He took a couple of steps till he was in front of me, put his hand on my shoulder, and looked me in the eyes.

 "You can control yourself. She's not Emilie. That was an accident and you were new to this. You're not this evil guy that you portray to everyone Colby." I didn't say anything, but I knew there was a pleading look in my eyes. I could feel it...and I hated it, but if I could tell anyone, it's Sam. He's been with me since the beginning, before we were this way.

 "I know she's not Emilie, Sam. I loved Emilie. This girl though...I don't know what it is about her. I'm constantly thinking about her when I don't wanna be. I don't even like her! She has a smart mouth and a bad attitude."

Sam laughed, and sat down on my bed. I sighed and sat next to him.

 "Sounds like someone else I know," He replied, grinning.

 "Shut up." I said, smiling slightly. "I'm serious. She gets my back up. Like, I don't know if I wanna kill her, or kiss her, and I don't even kill people anymore!" I put my head in my hands. "She's making me crazy!" I said as I dragged both of them back and forth through my hair.

 "Do you know that I followed her on Instagram? Then I freaked out about it. Why? I don't even understand what I'm doing anymore. I just saw that she followed back before you walked in. I don't know how to take that. I thought she hated me. She's always calling me a dick." The last part came out in a whine, and I saw Sam press his lips together to keep from laughing.

 I had to give him props for not laughing. I would have laughed at me. I was pathetic.

 "Just come out with me, bro. I really do need another person, because Kat doesn't want Chloe to be alone for some reason. Something happened but I'm not sure what. I'm assuming that she'll tell me later. We haven't hung out in a while. Come oooonnnn."

Peer pressure was a bitch.

 "Fiiine." I groaned out. "Whatever, I'll come...but don't be surprised when the night is ruined because we fight all night."

Sam shrugged and grinned as he got up and headed out the door. "It won't be ruined. That would be entertaining actually."

 I threw a pillow at the door, grinning slightly when he dodged it and ducked out. I fell back on my bed and grabbed my phone.

Maybe I should give her a heads up. I wasn't sure if Sam and Kat planned on telling her...it seemed like they were trying to play match maker, and I was pretty sure that she wouldn't like that. So I dmed her, letting her know that Sam had asked me, and if it was okay with her.

 I was shocked when she automatically dmed me back, saying that it was okay.

"Okay then." I said to myself. "I should eat first." I went downstairs to the garage, and grabbed a couple of blood bags out of the freezer.

Didn't like eating this way. It was gross, and it didn't fill me up the same way but it was sufficient.

 Elton found me there, sucking out of the bag, relaxed in the overgrown bean bag called the Love Sack.

 "What's up man? You just ate last night. A lot from the looks of the girl that Sam found on his bed." He grinned, showing his fangs.

 I flipped him off. "I got a little carried away." I shrugged, nonchalantly. "No big deal. She was fine."

 He sat down next to me, but on the couch. "Yeah, Sam has gotta stop making us wait so long, just for that girl. Especially you. He knows how you get."

I rolled my eyes. I agreed but nobody talked about Sam.

"He knows what he's doing. I'm a big boy and I know how to take care of myself. Kat is good for him. Might even be his One."

The One was a legend among vampires. I wasn't even sure if it were true.

I had never met anyone that had found their One, but I didn't know many vampires. Actually, just the ones in this city.

The One was when the vampire found their soulmate. It was supposed to be this all consuming, burning infatuation that they couldn't shake. Everything about the person was amplified to the vampire.

"Yeah, okay, whatever you say. You're the boss." Elton said, sarcastically.

 I glared at him a little. "Yeah, I am. It would do you good to remember that."

I didn't usually talk to Elton like that. He was older, and taught me and Sam the ropes, but sometimes the order of things had to be reminded. He gave me a look that I wasn't too fond of, but he didn't reply.

 I finished my bag and went to get ready to go play freaking mini golf with a girl that I was afraid of killing.

We took Sam's car, and arrived at Golf and Stuff before the girls. We got out and leaned against the hood of Sam's white Audi S5.

 Families walking by would eye us warily, and move to the other side of the parking lot, just to avoid us. It was kind of hilarious.

 I guess I could see how we looked to them though. We were both dressed in black jeans, with our normal chains, and hard expressions. I was wearing a white shirt for a change, with a black snapback, while Sam wore a black band t-shirt with Metallica written across the front.