69

I would kill for Kat in a heartbeat and I knew that she would do the same for me.

 Ideas started running through my head, as they always do when I'm unable to write them down, for my book idea.

"Do you have pen and paper that I can get?" I asked, standing up next to Colby, who had yet to sit down yet.

His brow furrowed as he looked at me.

 "What for?"

 Kat scoffed and then laughed. "Because she's a writer Colby. Better get used to her constantly jotting things down on literally everything. Napkins, receipts...all kinds of things. Literally found toilet paper one day with things written on it on her bathroom counter one day."

He bit his lip. "Oh yeah...I kind of forgot about that. So you're working on a story right now?"

 I nodded, anxious to get these ideas down on something before I forgot. "Yeah, can I get that paper?"

He nodded, not taking his eyes away from mine. "Kevin, grab some paper and a pen from the kitchen."

 Kevin rolled his eyes. "Why I gotta do it?"

 Colby snapped his eyes over to him. "First Jake and now you? Just because you know that Chloe and I are...together, doesn't mean that you all can start acting like I'm soft now. Cuz I'm not. Get the damn paper and pen. NOW."

Kevin didn't reply, but I could see the smile on his face right before he turned to leave.

 "I'll go with him and just write it down in there. Be right back."

 "You sure?" He asked me, a little worriedly.

 "Yeeaahh. It's just to the kitchen. What's your problem? I'll be right back." I leaned over and kissed him on the lips, like a reflex, not even realizing that I had done it...until it was done.

 The room was massively quiet, us being on display again. I was actually tired of it.

"Okay, what is the big deal?" I huffed out, looking around the room. "You know we're dating so why are you freaking out like a bunch of middle schoolers because I sit in his lap, or we give each other a peck on the lips? Grow up, you bunch of idiots."

 "Oh, I one hundred percent believe that she's the One," I heard Tara whisper.

 Colby snapped his eyes to her then, glaring so hard, I thought she would explode from the intensity...but she just bared her teeth at him in a wicked grin.

"It's because Colby doesn't date. Hasn't dated in a long time. He usually just uses the girl up, then dumps her after one or two nights."

"Aryia!! Now you decide to talk? What the fuck bro?" Colby exclaimed, jerking his head back over to him.

 I was going to get whiplash just from watching his head swing around.

"I already know that, remember?" I said to him, putting my hand on his arm.

He ran his hand through his hair, his rings glinting in the light, and sighed.

"I know...I still don't like my past being thrown out there for you to hear all the dirty details. I'm not proud of it." He kind of hung his head and I actually felt my heart breaking a little.

"Oh damn," Sam said quietly.

 I glanced at him, and his eyes were wide, staring at Colby. I noticed that he was holding Kat's hand tightly, and she was leaning against him. Guess she got over being scared.

I told her they were in a damn gang. Colby had told me a little, but not much about the situation and I didn't want to push it. Wasn't sure I wanted to actually know.

Kevin came back in then with the paper and pen that I asked for. Guess I wasn't going to the kitchen after all.

 He passed it to me and I thanked him. He nodded and smiled, then went back to the couch.

 "Colby, don't worry about it. I know you have a fucked up past, especially with females. I don't really blame you after what happened with Emilie. I mean, it's fucked up that you played with the girls like that but I kind of understand. Everyone heals from a broken heart differently."

"Wait, he told you about Emilie?" Mike asked, looking surprised.

 I nodded.

 "Yeah."

"Okay, so he told you how he-"

"Cheated on her, then she got into a CAR accident because she was upset, and it killed her. Yeah, I told her that Mike. Mind your fucking business." Colby snarled at him.

 Mike held up both hands, and leaned back into the couch.

"You guys are seriously some of the most irritating fuckers that I have ever met! Remind me again why we're friends."

 "Oh yeah, definitely going soft. He just admitted that we're his friends!" Elton exclaimed, grinning widely.

 "I hate you all." Colby said, but I could have sworn that I saw his lips quirk up just a touch on the sides.

 "Alright, quit ragging on him you guys. Damn. Maybe this is why he hasn't had a girl before now. You guys won't stop talking shit!" Sam jumped to his defense.

 "Oh we're just messing around. Colby knows we're just fucking with him. Isn't that right?" Kevin said, winking at me. "We all love Chloe, and I honestly think she's a good match for you brother. Quick witted, and a smart mouth. Doesn't let you push her around either. That'll be good for you."

 "Fuck you Kev," Colby replied.

"I know man, I love you too." Kevin said, grinning.

Jesus, these guys....I was actually at a loss for words...but the content was golden.

I kissed Colby's cheek, catching him off guard.

 I took a small satisfaction in the way his eyes softened as he looked at me, before I sat back down and used my knees as a table to write on the paper. I'm not sure what conversation took place, or how long I sat there writing notes, and characters traits.

I had the whole page full before long, and was writing little side bits in the margins when I felt Colby's cool breath on my ear.

"You're cute when you're concentrating."

Well, that definitely broke my concentration, now didn't it?