168

"She's feisty Colby, I like her."

I looked towards the voice and saw the one that they called Elias. He was smirking at me.

"Keep looking at me like that, and I'll show you feisty." I replied, sitting down next to Colby.

He had apparently gotten over his little mood, since he grabbed my waist and pulled me down in his lap, chuckling at my response.

"I see someone's in a better mood then." I said smartly, keeping my body rigid against his.

"I'm sorry about earlier. You know how I am. I'm working on it. It's part of me and it's not going to just disappear. You know that. Just like you." He squeezed me against his chest, and buried his mouth in my neck, snarling.

I broke and started laughing.

"Stop it! That tickles!" I squealed out.

"This is weird." I heard someone say.

Colby and I both looked up to see Elias watching us.

"Mind your own business asshole." Colby replied, with a smile.

Apparently Elias was a good friend then, since he didn't cuss him out.

"Can we actually get down to business though? If you guys are through, of course." Sam replied, with a smirk.

Katrina laughed, as I rolled my eyes.

"Please continue, sir." I said, sweeping my arm towards Sam, like he was a king.

He shook his head and smiled at me.

"We rule the strongest vampires clan in LA, where hundreds upon hundreds follow our lead, but we get no respect from our women." He retorted.

I shrugged.

"Eh, you'll get used to it. Makes you stronger."

Colby scoffed in my ear, so I elbowed him in the ribs. Instead of hurting him, I hurt myself.

"Damn it Colby." I exclaimed, rubbing my elbow.

"What?" He replied, innocently. "You did that, not me!"

I turned to glare at him and he started laughing, along with most of the other vamps in the room. I sulked down against him.

"Okay, if everyone is finished getting a laugh at my expense, you can continue with the important information. I am allowed to hear it, right?" I turned my head to look at Colby questioningly.

He nodded.

"If you weren't, I would have already made you leave."

I raised my eyebrow at him. "You could have tried." I retorted.

He smirked again.

"Anyways, so Aza texted me. I called him back, asking what conclusion he had come to. He still wanted to talk about leaving Millie alive, but you all know that isn't an option. So," he paused.

I swear I think it was for dramatic effect.

"I got him to agree to hand Millie over at the end of the week. He wants to get as much use out of her as he can, then he'll let me deal with her. He also agreed to hand over the ones that were involved in taking out our crew at the club and kidnapping Chloe. There's about ten vamps that he named. He doesn't want them killed, only tortured, then exiled to somewhere down south. The Council can handle that part. I agreed to his terms because he thinks that Millie coerced them. Whatever, Sam already killed the one and I'm only concerned with Millie. He did not, however, tell me what was used to poison the group. Claims he doesn't know. I know he's lying but there's isn't anything I can do about it. Our blood burns the effects off quickly so the blood test that I had everyone affected do, showed no signs of anything."

When the hell had he gotten any of them to do blood tests?

"Other business includes the blood bag run tonight, and the job for Senator Marks. Everyone is on duty tonight, leaving only a handful of vamps here for the girls. The ones that are left here have the most important job and had better make sure the girls are safe, if they want to remain safe themselves. I'll need Elias, Mike, Elton, and Corey here at the house. The rest of you, we'll regroup before we leave and split off to do the jobs. Everybody understand?" They all nodded, and replied with their affirmations. "You've got a few hours before we head out so you guys can do what you need to do. We'll just keep a close eye on everyone and everything until I meet up with Aza again and he hands over Millie. I hate waiting but this is the best we got without starting a war." Everyone stood around, nodding their heads.

"You can go now." Sam said sternly.

I caught Katrina's eye and winked. I knew she liked the authoritative side of Sam just like I liked it on Colby. She grinned, and stuck her tongue out at me.

After Sam's order, the vamps that didn't live here started leaving the room.

"Don't forget to be back here at 12 sharp. Do NOT be late." Colby's hard voice rang out through the room.

No one said anything, but I didn't see any of them risking his wrath by being even one minute late.

"So you're leaving tonight?" I asked, turning in his lap to look at him.

He nodded, bringing his hand up to my cheek, his thumb rubbing down it before reaching my lips.

He rubbed his thumb down my lips, pulling my bottom one out slightly, before letting it go.

"I am. I have a job to do. You should go make those calls while you still can. See if you can get the job that you wanted."

"Yeah...I probably should."

I didn't want him to leave again, but it wasn't like we could stay joined at the hip for our entire lives. We would both get sick of one another. I stood up, with a little push from him.

"I'll be in your," his eyes narrowed a little. "OUR room." I finished.

He nodded, and I blew him a kiss, walking out and back up the stairs to his room. I gathered Prissy in my arms, and got comfortable on the couch before pulling my phone out. I sighed, and dialed the first number.

I called 5 of the places that I had put in applications at. They all said that they didn't need any help at the moment.