87 (Colby's POV)

I ran out of Sam's room, pulling Chloe behind me. Did NOT want to see what was about to happen in there. Already had to hear it.

 I stopped in the hallway, and felt Chloe run into my back.

 "Oof," She huffed out, sounding like she had hit me hard.

 I barely felt it. I turned to face her, still so shocked that she had handled it so well. Yeah, she freaked out at first, but who wouldn't?

 It hurt when she pulled away from me, but I could understand it. Especially after she told me that her nightmare was actually about me being a ruthless vampire that tried to kill her. That's always something you wanna hear about yourself.

The fact that her mind told her before I did was a little concerning. Maybe she just subconsciously picked up on some things, but didn't realize it.

Her hazel eyes met mine, and I could feel the insatiable craving that I had, that we had for each other rising. Her tongue darted out, wetting her lips, her breath catching in her throat.

Now was not the time Colby. Not yet.

 When it was time though, when I was sure that I wouldn't hurt her...unless she wanted me to...I wasn't going to let her out of the bedroom for days.

 I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

 "So, do you wanna talk some more about this or go downstairs and hang out with the others? Some of them are probably up by now. They'll probably tease you when they find out you know." I folded my lips inside my mouth. "Actually, they probably already know."

On cue, I heard one of them let out a high pitched yell that sounded a lot like "YEET."

I pointed towards the staircase. "Yeah, they already know. You're gonna catch hell."

 Laughter sounded from downstairs.

She leaned towards me and wrapped her arms around my waist, looking up into my eyes.

"Can we just talk some more? I have more questions. This whole thing is amazing to me and I just need to know more."

I smiled down at her. "You're not afraid of being alone with me now? I might lose control and eat you."

I was joking, of course. Mostly.

She rolled her eyes then tapped her cheek with her finger.

"Hmm, stay alone with one vampire that I'm pretty sure I can trust unless I try to have sex with him, or go downstairs to a room full of vampires...I'm not afraid of you, you dumb ass. I love you." She blushed a little when she said that and I groaned.

"Say it again."

Her scent was invading my thoughts, my system, everything about me was surrounded.

She giggled a little bit, and looked down.

I placed my fingers around her chin, and pulled her face back up.

 "I love you Colby Brock."

I grinned and pressed my lips to hers, quick but intense. "I love you Chloe Daniels." I replied softly.

 The bad thing about my senses being in overdrive was that I could smell everything. When a person's hormones changed, I could smell it.

When Chloe started thinking about sex...well, I could tell and then I started thinking about sex.

"Stop it." I growled out.

 Her eyes widened.

"What did I do?"

 I closed my eyes and bit my lip hard, keeping my control.

When I opened them, she was staring at me with concern.

"Stop thinking about...sex."

 She blushed again.

Damn it, when did she become this girl that couldn't stop blushing?? It was driving me crazy.

 "How can you tell?"

"You don't wanna know. Come on." I grabbed her hand again and pulled her inside my room, closing the door behind us.

She sat on the couch so I took the seat next to her.

"Ask me anything. I'll tell you whatever you wanna know."

She chewed her bottom lip, which did nothing to help me concentrate on being good.

"Um...what else can you do? What other powers do you have? I know about the speed, the enhanced senses, the strength...what else is there?" She looked around the room and I could swear that she was looking for a pen and paper to write my answers down.

 I didn't want to tell her this other power. I knew it was going to open me up to some questions that I didn't want to answer but I would.

I wasn't going to lie.

 "Compulsion. We can compel people to do things, to forget things, even plant fake memories if we want."

Her eyes shot back to mine. "Seriously? That's crazy! Is that what Kat was yelling about when she asked Sam if he had ever used it on her?" I nodded, waiting for what I knew was coming. "Oh," Her eyes widened again. "Have you ever used it on me?"

I nodded again, without hesitation. "Once...but you're remembering it."

She furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?"

 "Your dream. The one where you're kissing  me on the balcony."

Aaand she blushed again. Stop it!

"Oh....OH! That happened? Why did you make me forget? That was very rude Colby! I enjoyed that kiss..." She actually pouted, her bottom lip sticking out.

 "We hated each other at that time. I wasn't going to make you forget at first, but then Kat came home and I didn't get a chance to talk to you about it, so it was just easier."

Chloe brought her hand up and touched the pads of her fingers to her lips. "I thought it was just a dream...but it seemed so real. Because it was. Why do I remember it?"

Oh shit. Wasn't ready for that question.

I was surprised she didn't ask anything about it when Sam was talking about it earlier.

"I'm not sure. Maybe I did it too fast and it didn't stick. I don't really know."

She narrowed her eyes at me. "Don't use compulsion on me Colby. There's also something that you're not telling me but it's fine for now. Next question."

Oh thank God.

Why did I say that I would answer anything?