192 (Colby's POV)

"Let me ask someone that knows a few things about your memory loss situation, and I'll let you know. It should be fine though. I'm sure Kat would love to see you. I know she would. She asks about you every day. The whole house does. They all miss you."

"The whole house?" She asked, glancing back up at me, her fingers stilling on my skin.

"Oh..yeah, where I live. I live with a lot of other...people. They're all your friends now." I paused for a second. "Well, mostly anyways. I think they like pissing you off a lot but you get along great with the girls."

She met my gaze again. "I...have friends?" She asked me softly.

I felt my heart shatter with that question. I sat up, disturbing Prissy to where she meowed and jumped over Chloe onto the other side of the bed.

Chloe moved her head as I moved, but I pulled her up with me, so that she was sitting next to me, facing me.

"Of course you have friends. You're the sweetest, most generous, most loving soul I've ever met. Why wouldn't you have friends?"

I knew that she didn't have friends besides Kat growing up, but that was more because she didn't open up to anyone. She had learned at an early age that she would get hurt if she did.

She just kind of smiled sadly at me and cocked one eyebrow.

"Are you sure you really know me? Cuz that doesn't sound like me at all."

I scoffed at her weak attempt at a joke. "Yeah, it does. And Kat and the others will tell you that. Katrina told me about a time when you were in high school, where she had forgotten her lunch money at home. You only had enough for yourself, but you gave it to her without telling her that you didn't have anymore. When lunch rolled around, you told her you weren't hungry, even though school was the only time you actually ate anything because of your foster parents. Does that sound like a selfish person to you?"

Her eyes went a little wide. "I remember giving my lunch money to someone, who didn't have any money but I can't remember who it was. That person shared their lunch with me that day. I can't- OW!" She screamed grabbing the sides of her head again. "Oh, not again!" She whimpered, closing her eyes.

I grabbed her and pulled her against me, both of my arms going around her.

"I'm so sorry baby girl. Let's talk about something else."

She sobbed against my chest, tearing my heart open even more.

I couldn't stand this, but I didn't know what to do.

"Listen, if there were a way to get your memories back, without it hurting you, would you be willing to do it? It would require some...unconventional tasks from us both."

She raised up and leaned back a little to look me in the eyes. I didn't think that my heart could break anymore than it already had from the pain that she was going through but I was wrong.

Her green hazel eyes were swimming with tears.

"Like what kind of tasks? We wouldn't get hurt?"

I loved that she was concerned that I might get hurt but hated that she asked that.

Now I had to lie...or avoid.

"No, you won't get hurt. You just have to do a sort of...ritual, I guess. I'll explain it to you later. Rest for now, okay? Maybe we can go see Katrina and the others tomorrow. Not sure yet."

I scooted down to where I was lying down again and pulled her with me. She curled up against my side, still sniffling a little from the pain that she had just experienced.

"Will you stay?" She asked softly.

I swept her hair back from her face, and leaned over to press a kiss to her forehead.

"Always baby girl." I whispered back.

She closed her eyes, and it wasn't long before she was asleep. Prissy curled up on my chest, just above where Chloe's head was resting on my upper abs.

I stroked my fingers through her fur as she stared at me with her golden eyes.

"What do you think little girl? Think I'll be able to fix your Momma? I sure hope so. I miss her."

The cat looked back at Chloe, then back to me, and meowed, like she knew what I was saying.

I swear this cat made me think that she actually knew what was going on a lot of the times.

"If you're so smart, then tell me how. What can I do to help her without doing this ritual, huh?"

Prissy stared at me for a second before yawning, her mouth stretching wide, then curled up, and lay her head down. Guess she didn't know of any other way either.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Sam.

"Hey, can you bring me some blood? Kind of desperate and can't leave."

Then I texted Aza.

"Chloe is having severe pain with flashes of light in her head. I think it's her memories. Can they come back on their own?"

I hit send on that one and waited.

Sam texted me back, telling me that he was on his way. I didn't have to get up because he knew where I had put the spare key. A couple of minutes passed and he was walking into the bedroom.

"Looks like things are going well." He whispered, running his fingers through his blonde hair as he stood at the foot of the bed, looking down at Chloe.

"Yeah, better than I expected, to be honest." I replied. "It's weird, but I think she still kind of remembers me, or her heart and body do. But she's having something weird going on with her head every time she almost remembers something. I don't like it. It's giving me bad vibes, and it's putting her in pain."

His face grimaced in worry, as he tossed me a couple of blood bags without taking his eyes away from Chloe. "We can't lose her. Kat needs her. You need her. We all need her. What did Aza tell you about getting her memories back?"

Oh yeah...I forgot that I had told him.