chapter 29: Kissing Game

Three days it has been, three days since the Goldies night and since my dance with Julian as well as our first kiss outside and the kiss we shared again in my room.

During the three days, I saw him most of the time every evening, from midnight to 1 am. He explained to me that nobody knew what he was doing, that he was sneaking out of his room in the middle of the night to join mine.

The first day, I was afraid and told him never to do that again, but then it happened that the next day, a knock on the door got me out of my thoughts and when I opened the door, he was there, in his black uniform, waiting for me to let him in.

The second day was the day I could not tell him to leave, I rather let him in and we talked a lot. We kissed, once or twice and it felt like a dream. Last night he came again, wearing his white uniform this time, he scared me to death, saying he thought someone was behind him when he was coming here but nothing happened, well I hope.

I turn over on my bed and look at the window, there is a small gap between the curtains which is allowing light to get in, by the weak intensity of the sunlight, I understand that it is still early and when I grab my phone a small chuckle leaves my mouth as the time comes in my sight, 05:24, I was right.

A yawn abandons my mouth and I put my phone back on the nightstand. I am exhausted, three days without sleeping properly is making me a mess but I do not regret anything, on the contrary I will love to do it again and again.

How did we get here? I have no idea. It has escalated and it scares me. All the time he came here, we talked about everything but us, not about what is happening between us. I do not know if he is realizing that what we are doing have completely gone beyond friendship. I do not even think that we have passed the level of friendship.

Yes, we have spoken before, but even our conversations seemed strange. After what happened at the party I see him differently, I mean, I do not think I will be able to be friends with him, ever. From the first day he attracted me, he made me feel weird. His voice was like a spell he cast directly on me, driving me crazy.

The kiss was an escalation, a change, it changed me. He does not know, because we never addressed the subject, but with each kiss, he is drowning me even more into the depth of life. But still, I am scared to death, I enjoy his company but I am afraid that it grows to something unstoppable.

Suddenly something echoes in the room, a knock on the door. I sit up quickly with a sudden of stress rising in me. Can it be Julian? No, he said he will only see me during the middle of the night because during the days he has to be in the kitchen, only in the kitchen. A sudden buzz brings me out of my thoughts, I turn my head to my right and realize that my phone is vibrating. An upcoming call from Mr. Sunglasses is written on my phone screen.

After a moment it stops and so does the knock and I sigh with relief but then it starts to vibrate again, still him. A form of terror grows in me as I comprehend that it must be him behind this door. I push my covers aside and climb out of bed quietly, then I head to the bathroom, trying my best to stay as quiet as possible.

I look at myself in the mirror and I huff when I look at my face, full of makeup. My red lipstick is still in place and my foundation as well but it is clear that I slept with them on, it looks unfresh. I sigh and take a deep breath. I can not let him stay outside, he can get in trouble.

With my bare feet and bare thighs, I walk towards the door and unlock it, then it opens and here he is, the man who is strangely changing my world. He is wearing his white uniform with his sunglasses on. He wastes no time and walks in, probably afraid that someone will see him.