chapter 51: The Craving

6:45 pm, I'm restless like an impatient person. This is insane, I never felt this amount of frustration and need for something, no for someone. I can't stop thinking about her and about what she's probably doing right now, actually, this thought has been in my mind the whole day.

The fact that I'm restless for a woman is still awkward to me because it'd probably never happened in different circumstances. This is ridiculous, I know, but seeing her is all I want, feel her skin against my fingers is all I'm urging for right now.

And above all, I need to have a conversation with her about the lie I told her weeks ago. Justin told me that I should let her know what I did before it's too late and he's completely right, the more I'll wait, the more the situation will be tense and unapproachable. But the question is how am I going to tell her that? Oh, Cher, I have a confession, my name's Sether not Julian, but my second name is Julian. Sorry for lying to you, it wasn't intentional, she'll laugh or kick me, may do both as well.

"I checked again, no hint of her," Justin appears, and whispers in my ears to keep our little scheme for ourselves as the back room of the kitchen is occupied by some other workers.

I nod and exhale. This is the sixth times Justin has skipped into the front room and peeked in the dinning room to see if perhaps she's here but no, once again, she's not. I had a plan, I wanted her to come tonight so I could  see her, talking to her would be too risky but the sight of her would be awesomely great.

The situation is going the exact way as I imagined it this morning while I was taking a quick bath back at the chalet. My whole body is scratching and is unintentionally numb. Is this going to be like this for a long time because I don't think I'll be able to deal with this particular situation, it's so stressful and too adventurous. And logically, I'm not a great fan of stress and adventure, I had my dose years ago, my mind isn't strong enough for that.

"She's probably sleeping in her room," Justin whispers again as he pretends to be checking on the packs of cheese stall on the rack behind us.

Yeah, this may be the reason or she's still preparing herself to get out. With the tip of my finger, I push up my sunglasses then cross my arms around my chest carefully to not crease my black uniform. The small bell starts ringing around us, meaning one thing; the job begins. Austin comes to me and gives me a brother hug, taps my chest and makes his way towards the door, ready to take orders.

Serena is sitting towards the east of the room, eyes were stuck on Austin as he walked out without paying attention to her, I sigh as the comprehension that they're in bad terms hit me in the brain. Love is a game and a well poisoned trap, attached to the end of Cupid's arrow. This is how it usually works, you met, find attraction, kiss, touch, make love, ends up deeply in love, start fighting, one, twice and then you move on... It's life.

I'd love to go and talk to her, because Serena is a sweet girl, and seeing her depressed like that isn't really great, but Rebecca walks in, iPad in hands. I stand up straight, maybe I'll find something productive to do tonight than looking at poor Serena.

"So guys, Andrew room 51, please. Serena room 104, honey." As soon as she hears her name, she stands up, takes a deep breath and makes her way out but not before she receives a sweet kiss on the cheek by Rebecca. I've never seen someone as caring as this woman, sometimes she tends to think that she's the mother of the whole team.

"I have another deliver in exactly five minutes, room 18, who's willing to go?" She asks and her eyes wanders around her, on me, on the three person left here.

For a moment nothing click in my head but when I recall the number 18, I gasp silently. The image of the door room comes into my mind and I remember the night of the Goldies night when I've accompanied Cher back in her room, I remember looking at the number, it was clearly an 18, I'm sure of it now.