Letter from Hogwarts

As the weeks passed, she grew more comfortable. She did miss her family, but only so. She'd rather be here than back there. She was slowly accepting her life as Ashlyn. 

She did miss a few aspects of her old life, but she was getting used to the changes. She missed life in the 21 century. She missed the internet, the songs, her phone, the memes, and whatnot. 

Occasionally she would think about Harry Potter, leaving with his aunt and uncle. She wondered if he had set the Boa Constrictor at Dudley yet. Maybe she should try going to the zoo and meet Harry...But that would mess up the plot of sorts, wouldn't it? Ron was supposed to be Harry's first friend at Hogwarts. Yeah, she shouldn't mess it up...And she was too timid to go and ask Mr and Mrs Clarke if she could go to the zoo. 

She had an even bigger thing on her mind. Her letter from Hogwarts. The letter would be the confirmation of all that was going on. And she couldn't help check the post every day for her letter...that is if she was getting one. She'd already gone back in time, she'd better get her letter too.

And it came on that fateful Sunday, just one letter, a thick envelope had arrived. Heart thumping she took the envelope from her mum's hand. 

Her hands were trembling with excitement as she flipped the envelope. She saw the Hogwarts coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H. In green ink it was written--To; Miss. A.Clarke.

She read no more and tore the envelope open, and two sheets of parchment fell out. She read the first few lines and let out a cry of happiness. "It's come. I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS!"

Mrs Clarke took the fallen letters and read them. Mr Clarke was looking at it from her shoulder.

It read: 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., CHF. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards) 

Dear Miss Clarke,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. The term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress.

They took the next piece of parchment. Confusion was written all over the Clarkes faces, while Y/N...No, Ashlyn was jumping with joy.

The second parchment read: 

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 

UNIFORM

 First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for daywear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

 Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags. 

COURSE BOOKS 

All students should have a copy of each of the following: 
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore 
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger 
Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander 
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT
Wand
Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
Set glass or crystal phials
Telescope
Set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad 

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

"What's Hogwarts?" asked Mrs Clarke. Ashlyn was all too eager to answer. 

"Why, the greatest magic school in the world, of course," she said.

"Sweetheart, this looks like some kind of a prank." Mrs Clarke said trying to pry the letter from Ashlyn's hand, who clutched onto it as though she was holding on for dear life.

"No, it's not", she sang. 

"Where would you get all this? In London?" Mr Clarke said, agreeing with his wife.

 "If you know where to go, of course," said Ashlyn with a bright smile, quoting Hagrid. 

"And where would that be?" said Mrs Clarke, partly annoyed, partly alarmed.

Ashlyn only smiled wider. "Diagon alley," she said promptly.

"Love, this seems like a sort of prank, a joke. Do you know what I mean?" said Mr Clarke, cautiously.

"Oh, I understand," she said grinning, her joy knowing no bounds. "But just wait till someone comes. I think it'll be McGonagall, or rather hope it is. She'll tell you."  

And with that Ashlyn gathered her letters and skipped up to her room.

The next few days, Ashlyn was on cloud nine. She would suddenly start giggling at the thought of going to Hogwarts, she would keep reading the letters over and over again. 

Her parents had never seen her so happy and so they were unsure as to how to break the sad news to her that all this was just a joke. They had tried to make her understand but Ashlyn stood firm on her belief.