Flight to the Ministry

Ashlyn, Ron, Ginny, Luna and Neville ran towards the Forbidden forest.

"We've got to go deeper," Ashlyn said. "The place where the growl came from,"

"GRAWP WANT HAGGER!" they heard

"Yup. That way!" Ashlyn said and they ran towards the sound.

Ashlyn wanted to turn into her animagus form, but there were too many people. She could trust them, but even then...It would take a lot of explanation.

"Anyway, Harry, how exactly were you planning to get all the way to London?" they heard Hermione's voice.

"Yeah, we were just wondering that," said Ron causing Harry and Hemrione to turn around.

"So," said Ron, pushing aside a low-hanging branch as Ashlyn threw Harry his wand, "had any ideas?"

"How did you get away?" asked Harry in amazement.

"Couple of Stunners, a Disarming Charm, Neville brought off a really nice little Impediment Jinx," said Ron airily, now handing back Hermione's wand too. "But Ginny was best, she got Malfoy — Bat-Bogey Hex — it was superb, his whole face was covered in the great flapping things. Anyway, we saw you heading into the forest out of the window and followed. What've you done with Umbridge?"

"She got carried away," said Harry. "By a herd of centaurs."

"And they left you behind?" asked Ginny, looking astonished.

"No, they got chased off by Grawp," said Harry.

"Who's Grawp?" Luna asked interestedly.

"Hagrid's little brother," said Ron promptly. "Anyway, never mind that now. Harry, what did you find out in the fire? Has You-Know-Who got Sirius or — ?"

"Yes," said Harry, as his scar gave another painful prickle, "and I'm sure Sirius is still alive, but I can't see how we're going to get there to help him."

They all fell silent, looking rather scared. 

"Well, we'll have to fly, won't we?" said Luna in the closest thing to a matter of- fact voice Harry had ever heard her use.

"Okay," said Harry irritably, rounding on her, "first of all, 'we' aren't doing anything if you're including yourself in that, and second of all, Ron and Ashlyn are the only ones with a broomstick that isn't being guarded by a security troll, so —"

"I've got a broom!" said Ginny.

"Yeah, but you're not coming," said Ron angrily.

"Excuse me, but I care what happens to Sirius as much as you do!" said Ginny

"You're too —" Harry began.

"I'm three years older than you were when you fought You-Know-Who over the Sorcerer's Stone," she said fiercely, "and it's because of me Malfoy's stuck back in Umbridge's office with giant flying bogeys attacking him —"

"Yeah, but —"

"We were all in the D.A. together," said Neville quietly. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real — or was that all just a game or something?"

"No — of course, it wasn't —" said Harry impatiently.

"Then we should come too," said Neville simply. "We want to help."

"That's right," said Luna, smiling happily.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway," said Harry frustratedly, "because we still don't know how to get there —"