Xenophilius Lovegood

For the next few weeks, Harry kept having nightmares. Hermione apparated them to the Forest of Dean, where they set up a new camp.

Ashlyn sat watch for a few hours, as the darkness fell. She was hoping to see Snape, but he seemed to be hiding himself very well.

She had even gone and stayed beside the frozen lake, but he didn't show himself. Welp, let's leave it all to Harry then...

"I'll take it from here," Harry said as he came out.

"Okay," Ashlyn sighed, getting up and stretching. She was about to go in when Harry stopped her.

"You didn't have to do that," he said in a small voice.

"Do what?" Ashlyn yawned. 

"Come upstairs and battle that snake," Harry said, looking up at her.

Ashlyn smiled. "I wasn't about to let you die,"

"It's not the first time I've heard that," Harry said. "Get Harry and go, that's what you said. And the last time I heard that—it didn't work out all too well,"

Ashlyn chuckled lightly. "Don't stress too much Harry. I knew perfectly well what I was doing,"

She switched places with Harry, as the darkness grew more profound, and went inside.

A couple of hours later, when she popped her head out of the tent, Harry was gone. Sighing, she went back in.

An hour later, Hermione was in bed, Ashlyn was reading by the lamp-light when Harry's voice echoed through the still night air.

"Hermione! Ashlyn!"

Hermione sat bolt upright, as Harry entered with Ron who was holding the Sword of Gryffindor, both dripping wet, and shivering slightly.

"What's wrong? Harry? Are you all right?" Hermione said anxiously.

"It's okay, everything's fine. More than fine. I'm great. There's someone here."

"What do you mean? Who — ?"

She saw Ron, who stood there holding the sword and dripping onto the threadbare carpet. Harry backed into a shadowy corner, slipped off Ron's rucksack, and attempted to blend in with the canvas.

Hermione slid out of her bunk and moved like a sleepwalker toward Ron, her eyes upon his pale face. She stopped right in front of him, her lips slightly parted, her eyes wide. Ron gave a weak, hopeful smile and half raised his arms.

Hermione launched herself forward and started punching every inch of him that she could reach.

Ashlyn chuckled fondly.

"Ouch — ow — gerroff! What the —? Hermione — OW!"

"You — complete — arse — Ronald — Weasley!"

She punctuated every word with a blow: Ron backed away, shielding his head as Hermione advanced.

"You — crawl — back — here — after — weeks — and — weeks — oh, where's my wand?"

Ashlyn snatched it off the little table and held it out of Hermione's reach.

Hermione looked like she would kill to get the wand.

"Protego!" Harry said, and a shield was formed between Ron and Hermione.

"Hermione!" said Harry. "Calm —"

"I will not calm down!" she screamed. "Give me back my wand! Give it back to me!"

"Hermione, will you please —"