Back to Hogwarts 1

"Everyone here?" Mrs Weasley said hurriedly over the din as the empty dishes floated into the sink, and trunks piled themselves up in a line near the front door. It was quite an entourage going to King's Cross that day. Everyone wanted to go.

September the first couldn't have started in a more Weasley-ish way at No 12 Grimmauld Place. Everyone was screaming and yelling and bustling around.
Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ashlyn and Ginny had their faces stuffed with a hasty breakfast, and then boys ran upstairs to pack their trunk, last minute, much to Ashlyn's annoyance. She was swearing under her breath as she collected her paintings safely.
Crookshanks simply refused to get into his carrier and was jumping around Arnold, Ginny's purple Pygmy puff and Ashlyn's new pink Pygmy puff, Neo.
Pigwidegoen's excitement level reached peaks at the clambering energy of the house and was shrieking at the top of the voice, which caused the other owls to go mad, and it seemed like they were yelling at him to shut up. It only resulted in collective yelling.
Mrs Weasley was yelling at Fred and George who had set off some of their fireworks to 'send-off with a bang'. The fireworks were whizzing around the house, knocking over shelves, paintings, wallpaper bits, and sometimes even people.
Remus and Tonks were trying to pacify a bawling Teddy.
Moody and Mr Wealsey were trying to convince Sirius, Fred and George that they need not come all the way to King's Cross, but he had to bellow over the racket to even get himself heard by Hermione who was standing beside him, let alone be acknowledged by the rest of them.
It didn't help that Mrs Black was having the time of her life screaming profanities, and Sirius took this as a challenge and yelled back with equal ferocity.
Kreacher was running around everyone's legs trying to clean the house, that they kept tripping over and falling on their faces.

After three broken noses, a few broken teeth and bruised hands and knees, they got ready to apparate to King's Cross. They split into groups and disapparated. Ashlyn, Moody, Ginny and Hermione went first. Followed by Harry, Ron, Tonks, Remus and Sirius. Fred, George, Mr Wealsey and Mrs Weasley came next.

The station seemed even more crowded than ever.

"They're here to see Harry Potter," Tonks muttered.

Fred and George who were going to yell into the air, shut up when Mrs Weasley glared at him.

They slipped through the barrier into platform 9 and 3/4, one after the other. And soon the steaming red engine came in sight. Whispers grew louder as Harry went through the crowd.

Mrs Wealsey ushered them into the train, hugging them and kissing their foreheads.

"Mum, it's us," Fred cried when Mrs Weasley hugged him and George and tried to shove them into the train.

"Oh, I forgot," Mrs Wealsey said chuckling. The others laughed, trying to ignore the whispers.

The whistle sounded loud, and their little party broke off, telling their last goodbyes as the train started.

Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Ashlyn dragged their trunks through the corridor.

"It's going to be hard finding an empty compartment," Hermione said.

"No, it isn't," Ron replied. "Harry, mate, just go and some of them to sod off. They can't refuse you, you saved the Wizarding world for crying out loud,"

They chuckled.

"Where are you going?" Ginny asked as Ashlyn went to the front of the train.

Ashlyn raised her eyebrow questioningly, and then Ginny scoffed as she realised.

"Right, HeadGirl," she said and waved to Ashlyn who had gotten tired of dragging her trunk and resorted to levitating.

She had to go all the way to the front and found the compartment. It was in front of the Prefects compartment and the curtains were drawn halfway.