Prefects

"Didn't expect to find you here," Sirius said as he entered the room. "Your usual sanctuary is that stupid library,"

"Oh, I just wanted to spend time with Beaky," Ashlyn replied as she brushed Buckbeaks feathers.

"You are pampering that hippogriff, a bit too much for my liking," Sirius said plopping himself down on the floor.

"Why are you sulking, Sirius?" Ashlyn asked turning to look at the man who was staring at the wall.

"I'm not sulking," Sirius said shortly.

"Sure, you're not. It's about Harry, isn't it? You want him to stay, but you also want him to go to Hogwarts. So you are torn.

Sirius opened his mouth indignantly but Ashlyn spoke over him.

"Of course you want him to go back to school And complete his education, " she said.
"But you feel guilty and terrible that a part of you wished he would stay. And he reminds you of James, doesn't he?" Ashlyn said.
" It isn't easy losing your best friend, and what Mrs Weasley said a few nights ago got to your head,"

Sirius just sat in silence and then finally said.

"Is there no other topic to talk about?" he sighed.

"Personally I think you should talk to Harry, and I do have another topic I want to talk about," Ashlyn said, sitting down across Sirius.

"Tell me about your brother, Regulus,"

"What do you want to know about that idiot for?" Sirius asked.

"Just tell me," Ashlyn said.

"Well, Regulus...he was younger than me, and a much better son, as I was constantly reminded. He died, fifteen years ago. Stupid idiot...joined the death eaters. He was murdered by Voldemort. Or on Voldemort's orders, more likely, I doubt Regulus was ever important enough to be killed by Voldemort in person. From what I found out after he died, he got in so far, then panicked about what he was being asked to do and tried to back out. Well, you don't just hand in your resignation to Voldemort. It's a lifetime of service or death,"

Sirius got up.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked

"Have you spoken to Kreacher about this?" Ashlyn asked.

"Why would I speak to that elf about this?' Sirius scoffed.

"Well, you should," Ashlyn said.

"Never in all my life will I do something so stupid," Sirius said.

"I swear, are all Gryffindors overdramatic shits?" Ashlyn sighed.

"You are a Gryffindor," Sirius pointed out.

"Who said I'm not overdramatic?" Ashlyn sassed. "Anyway, I think you should talk with Harry. And I'll go look for Kreacher,"

Kreacher wouldn't even acknowledge her, and Ashlyn was one inch from blowing her top off. She could only stand so much disrespect. That little-

"Ashlyn! Booklists have arrived!" she heard Hermione call

"I'm up here," Ashlyn called back.

A few minutes later, Hermione came in and handed Ashlyn her letter.

"I'll have to ask Mrs Weasely if I can go with her to get my stuff," Ashlyn said as she opened the envelope and took out the parchment inside.

"Why?" Hermione asked as she did the same.

"No reason. I just want to get out of here. At least for a bit. I mean, it feels like I'm kinda cooped up inside. No wonder Sirius hates it here," Ashlyn mumbled.