Leaky Cauldron

They entered the Leaky Cauldron and found Mr Weasley, reading the Daily Prophet. Ashlyn stared at the picture of Sirius Black. She stared at his gaunt, yellowed face, his cheeks hollowed in, his eyes holding a certain madness. 

She sighed.

This year isn't going to be any less peaceful, is it, she thought.

"Harry! Ashlyn!" Mr Weasley said, smiling as he looked up. "How are you?"

"Blooming! How are you, Mr Weasley?" Ashlyn said brightly, hitching up a smile on her face, and tearing her eyes away from Sirius.

"I'm wonderful, my dear," Mr Weasley said.

"Fine, thanks," said Harry as the four of them joined Mr Weasley.

"They still haven't caught him, then?" Harry asked, looking at the picture of Sirius Black.

"No," said Mr Weasley, looking extremely grave. "They've pulled us all off our regular jobs at the Ministry to try and find him, but no luck so far."

"Would we get a reward if we caught him?" asked Ron. "It'd be good to get some more money —"

"Don't be ridiculous, Ron," said Mr Weasley, who on closer inspection looked very strained. "Black's not going to be caught by a thirteen-year-old wizard. It's the Azkaban guards who'll get him back, you mark my words."

Ashlyn pursed her lips and inhaled deeply.

At that moment Mrs Weasley entered the bar, laden with shopping bags and followed by the twins, Fred and George, who were about to start their fifth year at Hogwarts; the newly elected Head Boy, Percy; and the Weasleys' youngest child and only girl, Ginny.

"Ginny!" Ashlyn cried and hugged her. "Oh my gosh, you've grown taller" 

"Hello, Mrs Weasley. Hey, Fred, George. Hi Percy." Ashlyn said greeting everyone.

Ashlyn smirked and looked at Hermione who had the same expression as her when they saw Ginny going red as she greeted Harry.

Percy held out his hand, shook Ashlyn's hand, and then Harry's, and said so very solemnly, as though they were meeting for the very first time, "How nice to see you."

Ashlyn raised an eyebrow with an amused expression.

 "Hello, Percy," said Harry, trying not to laugh.

"I hope you're well?" said Percy pompously.

"Very well, thanks —"

"Harry! Ashlyn!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. He held Ashlyn's hand gave it a vigorous, firm shake, and then grabbed Harry's hand and began shaking it too.

"Simply splendid to see you, —"

"Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing his hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing."

Percy scowled. Ashlyn chuckled.

"That's enough, now," said Mrs Weasley.

"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seizing her hand too. "How really corking to see you —"

"I said, that's enough," said Mrs Weasley, depositing her shopping in an empty chair. "Hello, Harry, Ashlyn, dear. I suppose you've heard our exciting news?"

She pointed to the brand-new silver badge on Percy's chest. "Second Head Boy in the family!" she said, swelling with pride.

"And last," Fred muttered under his breath.