Realization

Ginny bounded into the girls' dormitory practically glowing. 

"Enjoyed yourself, I see," Ashlyn said smiling from her bed.

 Beaming, Ginny sat down beside her. The dormitory was empty except for Hermione, Ginny and Ashlyn.

"You look happy too," Ginny told Ashlyn.

"Yeah, I decided I could squeeze in some happiness today. Might not be able to do that later on," Ashlyn shrugged.

"Mione, maybe you should confess," Ginny said.

"What do you mean?" Hermione said snappishly. 

"How long are you going to endure Lavender Brown's death glares?" Ginny asked.

Ashlyn chuckled. 

"Oh, missy, you're not off the hook, either," Ginny said warningly looking at Ashlyn.

"What did I do now?" Ashlyn sighed.

"How long will you take?" Ginny said. "Are you just oblivious, or are you in denial?"

"What about?" Ashlyn asked confused.

"Malfoy!" Ginny and Hermione said together.

Ashlyn sighed exasperatedly. "Not this again,"

"I don't really like Malfoy," Ginny said. "Not one bit. And I want you to stay away from his as much as possible. But I don't think you'll listen,"

"I suppose the heart wants what it wants," Hermione nodded.

"I thought Malfoy was dating Parkinson," Ginny said, looking at Ashlyn.

"Nah," Ashlyn sighed. "I asked him and he said no," 
In one lazy conversation, Pansy had been brought up, and Ashlyn had asked out of curiosity and Malfoy replied in negative, and that she was just a childhood friend. Anyway, Malfoy was supposed to marry Astoria Greengrass. This had always got on her nerves, but it seemed to annoy her more these days. She liked their love story, but seriously! It was always irksome that a character she had known for seven books, the entire fandom spent their time shipping him with various characters just ended up marrying a girl they had never heard of until the epilogue. Now that she had got to know Malfoy better than she had by reading the books, it must be the reason why that thought annoyed the shit out of her.

Ginny and Hermione looked elated at this news.

"We'll take care of Harry and Ron," Ginny said. "If that's what's bothering you,"

"Maybe it's Malfoy," Hermione said suddenly. "He's a pureblood. So obviously there will be friction at that end too,"

"Right," Ginny said. "But if Malfoy likes her back, then it wouldn't be a problem, would it?"

"But Malfoy loves his parents," Hermione said. "I don't think they approve. And if they don't Malfoy's going to be a coward and back off,"

"That jerk!" Ginny said angrily. "Maybe I should ask Fred and George for ideas. Teach Malfoy to stand up for his girlfriend,"

"Do you think he'll change for the better?" Hermione said. "Like in the novels,"

"I wouldn't mind if he did," Ginny said.

"That would be so romantic," Hermione sighed. Ginny smiled.

Ashlyn heaved a deep sigh. "Are you done? I don't even know why I put up with this shit,"

"For the last time, I don't fancy Malfoy!" she yelled.

"She's all riled up," Ginny said smirking.