A Little Trip 2

Half an hour later, Ashlyn paused the video.

"What did you do?" Malfoy cried. He was bent over as he gazed intently at the TV, and Ashlyn was sure he was going to damage his back and eyes, staring at the screen like that.

"I just paused it," she said getting up. "We can watch that later, there are other things too. I was thinking of introducing you to the pen and the telephone,"

"The what?" Malfoy said as he reluctantly got up from the sofa and followed her out into the hall.

Ashlyn flicked her hand lazily, and they heard a door click open upstairs, and then a little old, or rather new as per the timeline, a Nokia phone flew into her hand, a piece of paper stuck to it.

"This is a mobile phone," Ashlyn said taking the paper and handing the phone to Malfoy.

"And that," she gestured at the telephone on a stand near the door. "Is a telephone,"

"Both are used for calling. But, difference, as their names state; that one is mobile, you can carry it around with you, but it will need charging, battery change and stuff. The telephone stays in one place,"

Ashlyn took the mobile phone from his hand and gave him the paper instead.

"Now call this number," she said.

"Call this number?" Malfoy asked utterly puzzled.

"Okay," Ashlyn sighed. She had to explain, obviously. "You take the receiver, and place it near your ear. Don't let it go, okay? You can just speak normally. No yelling, or shouting,"

She showed how to hold the receiver and asked Malfoy to do the same.

"Now, you see those little numbers, right? In the order given on the paper, punch those numbers in,"

"Then what?" Malfoy asked.

"Then, you'll see," Ashlyn said stepping out of the house.

From the window, she saw Malfoy consulting the paper and pressing the numbers. Once he competed he looked around for her but didn't find her. The next second Ashlyn felt the mobile in her hand ring.

Accepting the call, she held it to her ear.

"Hello. This is satan. How would you wish your soul to be taken?" Ashlyn said in a fake gruff voice. She thought it didn't sound as good as it sounded in her head, but Malfoy's reaction was satisfying.

Malfoy yelped and jumped a foot away from the receiver, but he was still holding onto it though.

Ashlyn flicked her hand, and she could see the old polaroid camera float in the air, a few feet away from Malfoy. She opened the window, silently. Malfoy was still staring at the receiver as though it was a ticking bomb.

Ashlyn snapped her fingers and the polaroid took a picture.

This got Malfoy's attention.

"Clarke," he breathed, as Ashlyn took the new photo, waving it again.

"Put it to your ear, Malfoy," she said, doing the same with her phone, still waving the photo.

"Hello," Ashlyn said into her mobile.

Malfoy's eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"How is your voice coming through this?" he asked.

"Because you called me, and I picked up dummy," Ashlyn said pocketing the second picture. "I'm going a bit far. Just speak into it, normally. Normally okay,"