Muggle-born Registration Commission

"Ah, Mafalda!" said Umbridge, looking at Hermione. "Travers sent you, did he?"

"Y-yes," squeaked Hermione.

"Good, you'll do perfectly well," Umbridge spoke to the wizard in black and gold. "That's that problem solved, Minister, if Mafalda can be spared for record-keeping we shall be able to start straight away." She consulted her clipboard.

"Ten people today and one of them the wife of a Ministry employee! Tut, tut . . . even here, in the heart of the Ministry!" She stepped into the lift beside Hermione, as did the two wizards who had been listening to Umbridge's conversation with the Minister. 

"We'll go straight down, Mafalda, you'll find everything you need in the courtroom. Good morning, Albert, aren't you getting out?"

"Yes, of course," said Harry in Runcorn's deep voice.

Harry stepped out of the lift. The golden grilles clanged shut behind him.

"Miriam!" Umbridge squealed. "What are you doing here?"

"Morning Dolores," Ashlyn said grudgingly.

"I thought you were on vacation,"

"I need to have a word with...Yaxley," Ashlyn made up hurriedly. "Heard he went down to level nine,"

"Miriam," Umbridge said with a toad-like smile which made Ashlyn want to punch her. "Why would Yaxely be doing in the Department of Mysteries?"

"Oh, I don't know Dolores," Ashlyn sighed exasperatedly, pulling her bullshitting card. "Everyone knows its raining up in the office, but I just can't seem to find the man,"

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Hermione who looked up at her impressed.

"Well, he is down to question some muggle-borns today," Umbridge said. "He might just squeeze in some time to have a word with you,"

From her smile, Ashlyn figured that Umbridge didn't like Edgecomb very much and was just bearing with her. But she had something more important than that. She needed an excuse to walk away from there.

Ashlyn, Hermione and Umbridge got off on the tenth level. Umbridge tutted again, as a familiar chill struck their skin...Dementors.

Harry should manage to blow up level one, near Umbridge's office. Ron, with any luck, should have stopped it raining in Yaxley's office. Then Harry was supposed to come downstairs, and Ashlyn would go back up, though she hadn't told about this to them...

Umbridge was speaking to Hermione, who nodded and squeaked 'oh, yes' now and then. Ashlyn just needed an excuse to slip away...Then she found it. Under her robes, Ashlyn pointed her wand at a purple airplane zooming past. It served and flew towards her. 

It zoomed over Umbridge's head and ended in front of Ashlyn's nose.

"Oh, what is this now?" Ashlyn said haughtily unfolding the plane. Then her jaw dropped.

"I've got to go," she said hurriedly. 

"Didn't you want to speak to Yaxley?" Umbridge simpered.

"Oh, he can wait. This," she waved the memo. "I've got to take care of this. The first day back and this is what I get! Merlin's pants! Do they even know what this means?!" she muttered angrily and hurried back down the corridor they had just walked.

Once out of sight of Umbridge, Ashlyn folded up the plane and set it off, to go wherever it was meant to go.

She waited in the corner, and then she saw Runcorn coming over hurriedly.