The Wedding

Hermione and Ashlyn got up to Mrs Weasley yelling at Ginny to wash her hair properly. Sighing they made their way out of the room.

"Oh, thank goodness you are up!" Mrs Weasley cried as she bustled around. "Come on, now. Move it, move it. We haven't got all day,"

They were hurried into the master bedroom. Where Fleur was getting ready. Mrs Delacour, Gabrielle, and Ginny were already there.

After what seemed like hours of dressing up, a lot of crying from Mrs Delacour, and Fleur, which in turn made Gabrielle cry, and led them to get their make up done again, they were finally ready. 

Fleur looked beautiful with her simple white dress, she was practically giving out a silver glow. When Ashlyn said this, Fleur hugged her and cried some more, joined by Gabrielle. Ginny and Gabrielle looked amazing in their gold dresses.

Hermione was wearing a lilac dress with matching heels. Ginny and Ashlyn tried getting her to use Sleakeazys, but Hermione flat out refused but then she had to concede when Fleur said it would be for the better. Ashlyn wanted to wear her old black dress, the idea was immediately shot down by Mrs Weasley who said it was a wedding and not a funeral, so Ashlyn changed the colour to green.

They could hear bustling outside, which indicated the guests were coming. Harry was disguised as a Weasley cousin, called Barny. Fred had accio-ed some muggle red-head boy's hair from the village below the hill.

"You look great!" Ron said when he saw Hermione hurrying towards them. They were supposed to show the guests to their seats. 

"Always the tone of surprise," said Hermione, though she smiled. "Your Great-Aunt Muriel doesn't agree, I just met her upstairs while she was giving Fleur the tiara. She said, 'Oh dear, is this the Muggle-born?' and then, 'Bad posture and skinny ankles.'"

"I slipped out of the room before she could tell anything," Ashlyn said.

"Oh, she did," Hermione added. "'Terrible manners,',"

"Don't take it personally, she's rude to everyone," said Ron.

"Talking about Muriel?" inquired George, reemerging from the marquee with Fred. "Yeah, she's just told me my ears are lopsided. Old bat. I wish old Uncle Bilius was still with us, though; he was a right laugh at weddings."

"Wasn't he the one who saw a Grim and died twenty-four hours later?" asked Hermione.

"Well, yeah, he went a bit odd toward the end," conceded George.

"But before he went loopy he was the life and soul of the party," said Fred.

"He used to down an entire bottle of firewhisky, then run onto the dance floor, hoist up his robes, and start pulling bunches of flowers out of his —"

"Yes, he sounds a real charmer," said Hermione, while Harry and Ashlyn roared with laughter.

"Never married, for some reason," said Ron.

"You amaze me," said Hermione.

They were all laughing so much that none of them noticed the latecomer, a dark-haired young man with a large, curved nose and thick black eyebrows until he held out his invitation to Ron and said, with his eyes on Hermione, 

"You look vunderful."

"Viktor!" she shrieked and dropped her small beaded bag. As she scrambled, blushing, to pick it up, she said, "I didn't know you were — goodness — it's lovely to see — how are you?"