Albus Dumbledore

Ashlyn watched the sunrise as the pavement in front of the house came into clearer view. Hermione and Ron had decided to camp on the sofa. Hermione didn't want to stay alone, and Ashlyn didn't want to sleep, so Ron decided to stay with Hermione. Both of them had fallen asleep holding hands. 

Hermione sat up slowly.

"Morning," Ashlyn said.

"Morning," Hermione looked around. "Where's Harry?"

"Upstairs, I think," Ashlyn shrugged, but Hermione who had yawned at the exact same time, didn't hear her and when she couldn't see Harry, freaked out.

"Harry! Harry!" Hermione called, but Harry didn't respond, so she resorted to waking Ron up.

"Ron. Ron! Harry's missing! Ron, wake up!"

"Whatsit?" Ron groaned sitting up. He had a surge of chivalry last night and let Hermione take the couch, and said he'd camp on the floor in a sleeping bag. It was pretty chilly last night, and Ashlyn found this setting ridiculous, he should have just asked to squeeze together on the couch. It's not like Hermione would have exactly minded, and practically, more body heat.

"Harry? Harry! Harry!" Ron and Hermione called.

"I said he's upstairs," Ashlyn sighed. 

"Why wouldn't you say anything sooner?" Hermione cried and bolted up. Ashlyn swallowed her indignance and went back to her book. There was no point in a quibble.

 "Ron! I've found him!" Hermione called a few minutes later.

"Good! Tell him from me he's a git!" Ron said annoyed.

Harry came down with Hermione, clutching an old letter, and a torn photograph. Ashlyn frowned. When did Snape manage to sneak into Sirius's room and nick stuff? 

"What's that?" Ron said.

"My mother's letter," Harry said handing it around.

"Who tore the rest of it?" he asked Ashlyn, who shrugged.

"Rita Skeeter's book about Dumbledore," Harry said suddenly. "Bathilda Bagshot, she's still alive and she lives in Godric's Hollow, Ron's Auntie Muriel was talking about her at the wedding. She knew Dumbledore's family too. Be pretty interesting to talk to, wouldn't she?"

"I understand why you'd love to talk to her about your mum and dad, and Dumbledore too," said Hermione understandingly.

"But that wouldn't really help us in our search for the Horcruxes, would it? Harry, I know you really want to go to Godric's Hollow, but I'm scared, I'm scared at how easily those Death Eaters found us yesterday. It just makes me feel more than ever that we ought to avoid the place where your parents are buried, I'm sure they'd be expecting you to visit it."

"It's not just that," Harry said, still avoiding looking at her. "Muriel said stuff about Dumbledore at the wedding. I want to know the truth. . . ."

"The kitchen's empty," Ron said coming out. "What has Sirius even being doing?"

"He was camping with Lupin," Hermione said. "And shush, Harry was saying something. Go on, Harry,"

Then Harry told them what Muriel told about Dumbledore being interested in the Dark Arts, Ariana's death, Aberforth punching Albus at their sister's funeral...

"Of course, I can see why that's upset you, Harry —" Hermione said when he finished.

"I'm not upset," Harry said. Ashlyn sighed.