Chapter 21

"Of course, Kris. I mean, that's why I came over here."

Kris walked down the road, listening to Susie explain what she was doing at her temporary home. She ranted for a good couple of minutes, until they reached Kris's home.

"Yeah, I just can't wait to get out of there. It must be so much better to live in your house."

"Yeah, I could say the same."

Susie seemed confused. "What do you mean?"

"I meant it would be a lot nicer if you lived with me."

"Ohh. I know it would. He he."

Kris scoffed. "Yep."

They both stopped in front of the house. "You want to come in?"

Susie hesitated for a moment. "Uh... I don't think I'm allowed inside."

"Huh?" Now Kris was confused. "Who told you?"

"Undyne. Legal things. Something about how if my dad escaped he could use you as a target to find me. I'm pretty sure your mom knows about it as well."

"Oh, damn."

"I mean, not that I don't want to hang out or anything. I just think it'll be best if I try not to get caught."

Kris sighed. "I understand. That sucks."

"Hey dude, don't worry about it. Next Wednesday is literally a week away." Susie gave Kris a quick hug. "I'll try to sneak out and hang out with you sometime before then."

"Alright. I'll see you later. Be safe."

"Heh, I will." Susie began walking back "Bye Kris."

"Bye Susie."

Kris turned and went for his house. He got inside and saw his mom in the kitchen making something. She greeted him and asked how his day went, like usual. He responded with the same old, "It was good" and asked her what she was making.

"Turkey. Why would we have anything else on Thanksgiving?" She laughed.

Kris paused. "It's Thanksgiving?!"

Toriel just looked at Kris with a smile. "Wow. You look like you need some sleep. Why don't you go to bed, and I'll wake you up when food's ready?"

"Are we inviting people over?"

Toriel explained to Kris why they couldn't, as part of the contract. Kris sighed and told his mom he was going to accept her offer and go to bed. He lumped up the stairs. He felt a little hyperactive from the coffee, but at the same time, a little sleepy. Kris climbed into bed and instantly drifted off.

Monday, Oct. 1st, School.

The past couple of days were a blur to Kris. Just a boring Thanksgiving, a boring weekend, and not being able to hang with Susie because he was stuck at home all day. Now he was stuck at school, learning about things he didn't care about. These units are put together horribly. Kris could hardly put any effort into paying attention. He only caught some things, like what the kind of math was called. Why am I always so tired? Kris began tapping his desk with the eraser end of his pencil. Ms. Alphys told them her printer wasn't working for some reason, so they didn't have to do any work. Thank fuck. Kris scratched his head and realized he hasn't showered in quite some time. His hair felt a little greasy, and he felt uncomfortable in his own clothing. Kris slouched and laid his head down on his desk. I just want to go home, man. Kris felt a slight burning sensation in his chest. I must be sick. He felt a buzz in his pocket. Kris sat back upright. He pulled out his phone and read the message.