Chapter 47

Sunday, October 28th.

Kris took all of his clothes out of the washing machine to put into the dryer. He couldn't help but smell the scent it made. Smells like lavender, he thought. He looked over to the other room and saw Toriel unpacking all of the groceries. Kris almost laughed at the fact that she had no idea what was going on. It felt like some TV show, it was almost unbelievable. Kris threw his clothes in the dryer and powered it on. He left the room and looked at what Toriel got from the store. 

"We're having sushi tonight, just like you asked. Although, I never knew you were a fish person."

"Well, I like all foods. And thanks." Kris walked over to the couch and plopped down. He switched on the TV, and it landed on the news.

"This just in, a white dog by the name of 'Remmie' was found in a storm drain. No one knows how he got down there, and according to her owner, was missing for over two hours. Awe, what a shame! Luckily, a little girl named Taylor was able to notice barking coming from the storm drain, and alerted the police immediately." The lady on the TV took a look at another piece of paper.

Kris stretched and slumped on the couch.

"In other news, a nearby Radio Shack was robbed by a gang of three men, none of them identifiable. Fortunatley, no one was harmed, but the owner now has to restock most of his equipment. Just before the incident,  all the cameras on that block of the city were disabled, most likey due to a power outage earlier in the day, so no one was able to track any sort of vehicles that came through."

"Hm. Interesting." Kris looked to his side and saw that Susie came downstairs. "Hey, come listen to this."

"Huh? Oh, okay." She sat down next to Kris, who moved just enough for her to have room. Right when she got there, they played an ad.

"Are you serious?"

"Wait, so what happened?" She asked, still rubbing her eyes and trying to wake herself. 

"So, apparently there was a robbery at a Radio Shack yesterday." 

"What's so significant about that?"

"They said three men robbed the store. And they said all the cameras in the area were turned off from 'most likely' a power outage."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"Yeah. It could be him."

"I-I don't know. I mean, it's possible. But what are we supposed to do about it?"

"I'm not sure. We could think of something, right?"

"And risk dying? I don't think so."

"But we..."

"Kris. You're such an overachiever. We can't. At least not right now, if anything bad happens, at least we can report it. Besides. It's a RadioShack. They... could probably have a lot of useful things there."

Kris lumped back into the couch. "Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just itching. I need to know where he is."

"Yeah, well... me too. I have been almost every day." She slowly sank into the couch. "Anyway, want to switch the channel?"

"Sure." Before he switched the channel, the news came back on. An image of the clouds showed up, and Kris immediately changed the channel before he got bored. "Do you have any preferences?"

"Dunno. I just want to watch dumb cartoons."

"Same." 

Susie grabbed her phone out of her pocket and opened up her text messages. She saw one from Noelle. Susie responded with, "Yeah, I'll be over later. When should I show up?"