Chapter 46

Susie sat at the top of the staircase, watching Kris rest. She continued this for a good couple of hours, just to make sure nothing bad would happen to him. At the same time, she felt nervous. Not only for Kris, but for the town. Whatever that horrid dark wind was... she wanted to get rid of it as soon as she could. The only problem was, no one seemed to know where it was, and Susie knew she had to take care of Kris first. Susie looked back down at Kris. She wanted to grab a drink but didn't want to disturb him. 

Kris sat up. "Mmm." He groaned.

"Hey."

Kris turned around, then up the stairs. "Hey."

Susie began walking down towards Kris. "Are you doing okay?" She noticed his face was pale. "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine." He shifted himself into a proper seating position. "Please, I need water..."

"Gotcha." She sprinted towards the kitchen and grabbed a clean glass from the counter. She filled it with cold water and paced over to Kris. "Here."

Kris took the water and started downing it. 

"Not too fast! You'll feel even worse."

Kris slowed down a bit and put the cup down on the couch. Susie picked it up before it spilled and set it on the floor. "Ugh." He stared at the ceiling. "We need to find that thing."

"I know, Kris. I know." Susie walked up to the door and opened it. She looked everywhere she could outside, but couldn't see anything. Sh admits to herself that she probably should have checked outside sooner, but she was too bias towards Kris and him getting some rest. 

"Where are you going?" He asked hesitantly. 

"Nowhere." She shut the door and sat down next to Kris. "Just wondering where that... stuff went."

"Did you not see where it left to?

Susie pointed towards the ceiling. "It went through the air vents. After that, I don't know."

"So, it must have escaped by now. But how can we be sure?"

"I'm not sure." She shrugged. "We could try looking for it, I guess."

"Sure. We can do that. Another time."

"Of course. We can both do it together." Susie turned on the TV to the news. "Do you need anything?"

"No." He leaned up against Susie. 

"Alright. Just get some rest."

Later... 

Susie slowly woke up. She noticed Kris was laying down in a very awkward position on the far end of the couch. She used this as an opportunity to sneak off the couch and go get a drink. She gulped down a cup of water and turned around as she heard Kris get up from the couch. He stretched and yawned. "Did I wake you?" Susie whispered.

"Probably. Anyway, I don't want to fuck up my sleep schedule. As much as it already is."

"True." Susie pulled out another glass. "Water?"

Kris chuckled. "Yes, please." He carefully held the glass and put water in it. As he drank he started to think about what just happened a couple of hours ago. He escaped death so many times already. "Hey. We should go looking for that stuff."

"What? Now?"

"Yes. Let's go!"

"Wait, are you sure? You literally just woke up."

"Oh, what's the worst that could possibly happen? We don't end up finding it?"

"Whenever people say that something bad happens."