Chapter 37 - Daddy's Home

He's just staring at her... what do I do? Noelle ducked down behind the table. She could feel her body start to shake again. When the strange, masked men showed up she felt so nervous, but Susie made her feel better when she showed up. But seeing Susie just standing there brought back her fear. She didn't look like she wanted to fight. Noelle could tell she was nervous from the way her jaw quivered when she said, "Dad?"

"Surprised to see me?"

Susie was at a loss for words. 

"Well, I'll take that as a yes."

She still kept quite. Susie's dad began to turn and walk around the table. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Susie, darling, I need to get Noelle's family."

"Don't patronize me!" Susie clenched her fists. 

Her dad stopped walking. "What are you going to do?"

Susie just stood there. She felt like she wanted to cry, and holding back just made her feel like she was boiling. 

"You going to-" 

Susie let out a burst of fire, and it pushed her dad into the wall. Susie gritted her teeth, still trying to hide how surprised she was that she could do that. Now was her chance to fight back after years of her giving up. "I'm done with your shit."

"Well, I was wondering when you'd say that." Her dad slowly walked back from the wall and charged at Susie. 

Noelle popped up from the back of the table. She watched her dad push Susie into the chairs. He got around her and shoved her into the table, so Noelle leaped backwards right before it fell on her. She pressed herself against the wall and just watched the fight play out. Susie blocked a couple of shots and punched him right in the jaw. It bent in the direction she hit it and Susie's dad stood back. He wiped the blood off of his lip, grabbed the chair behind him and threw it at Susie. It hit her right in the neck and chest, then it fell to the floor.

"Augh!" She threw the chair out of the way.

I have to help Susie... what do I do? Noelle helplessly sat next to her family and friends. She looked over to every one, some had bruses on them. She hated it. People getting hurt was just so terrible to her. She looked back towards Susie. She screamed and shoved her dad back. It seemed like he was letting her do it as well. What do I do? She repeated. Noelle looked in front of her and noticed all of the vases that were knocked off of the table. She grabbed one, stood up, and chucked it at Susie's dad. It only broke when it hit the ground. 

"What are you doing? You can't even throw a bottle properly." Her dad breathed a fireball at Noelle and knocked her unconscious. 

"What the fuck?! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Susie stared into her father's eyes. 

"Discipline, my girl." 

Susie clenched her fists. "I... am not. Your. Girl."

"We'll see about that."

Susie punched at her dad. Unfortunate for her, he was quicker. He grabbed her hand with his left hand and crushed it. Susie whimpered and fell to her knees. He punched back with his right hand and didn't let go. He crushed her hand harder, then decided to kick her down to the floor. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his multi-tool knife. 

"You wouldn't want to see me use this, would you?"

Susie struggled to speak. 

"Huh? Answer me!" He kneeled down on top of her and punched her in the face. "What did I tell you about ignoring me you piece of shit?" He stood back up and took a step back. "See this knife?" He looked through the tools and flipped out the blade. "This is wha-"