Chapter 27

Thump.

"Kris!" Susie ran over to him and flipped him over. "Hey, dude, say something." She shook him, and he instantly woke up.

"Whoa. Huh?"

"Hey. You good?" She smiled. "You, uh... fell. Heh."

Kris rubbed his eyes.

"Maybe we should take you to the doctor."

"What? No, I'm fine. Don't worry, I'm just really tired."

Susie seemed concerned. "No one just faints. Let me take you to a doctor."

Kris tried to stand himself up, and almost stumbled over. Luckily Susie caught him. "No. Please, I'm okay."

"Are you sure? I just want to make sure you're o- oup."

Kris hugged her. "Thank you. I'm fine, trust me."

Susie hugged him back. She sighed. "Okay. I trust you. How about we go to bed?"

"Can we just sit on the couch and listen to music?"

"Yeah. Oh shit is that my ice cream?"

"Don't worry about it. I'll get it."

"Thanks, Susie."

"Can I get you anything?"

"Water?"

"Okay." Susie walked over to the kitchen and grabbed what she assumed was Kris's cup, filled it up, and gave it to him. "Here. You okay?"

"Yeah." He took a sip. "Come sit."

"Heh. Okay."

"Put on a song. I know you're good at that."

"Haha. Thanks, dude." Susie plopped on the couch. "Do you have Spotify?"

"Yeah. It's right there."

"Gotcha. This songs pretty good."

"Living on a prayer?" Kris asked.

"Yeah. It's one of my favorites."

"Nice." Kris slumped up against Susie.

"What... are you doing?"

"Is there a problem?"

Susie snickered. "Not at all."

"Nice."

"Heheh. Weirdo."

After a couple minutes Susie noticed that he was asleep. "You better be okay." Susie fell asleep.

Saturday, Oct. 6th, Noelle's house.

Noelle sat down and placed her take out on her table. That's right, her table, from her dining room. QC's was all she had time for. They had enough ingredients to make something better, but she didn't bother. She was a great cook, but there was something she needed to do. She needed to prepare for the dance tomorrow. She was one of the head planners, and DJ. While she ate her fast food burger, she came up with ideas for songs. There wasn't really a theme this year, so as long as she picked songs the students would enjoy, it wouldn't matter. Noelle threw away her food and washed her hands in the sink, then head straight for her computer in her bedroom. She took out her aged iPod and plugged it in, and began searching for songs. What would people like to hear? I know some popular songs, but not all of them. Noelle searched for songs under "Popular" and downloaded some of them.

Noelle looked down at her phone. She opened up messages and texted Susie. She asked her what kind of music people would enjoy. Susie texted back telling Noelle about her song preferences. Susie told two good rock bands, and asked Noelle so include a personal song. Of course, she agreed. Noelle searched all the songs Susie told her about, then put them on her iPod. She was only using it because she actually planned on dancing and didn't want anyone stealing her phone. She told Susie thanks, and unplugged her phone. She walked over to her dresser and made sure her dress and Susie's were there. Awesome. What else should I do? It's getting pretty late.