Chapter 28 - Pressure

She's so nice. How does she make me feel that way?

Susie chuckled nervously. "Hey, you gonna respond or what?"

"I-I really want to as well. I can't wait." God, this is making me nervous. I still can't believe she likes me.

"Yeah. I'm sure it'll be fun."

The two stood there in awkward silence. They then stared at each other. Kris smiled and made Susie grin. Kris decided to break the silence. "What do you want to do?"

Susie snickered. "Well, I think we should eat the pizza we just made."

Kris looked down at the pizza. "Yes. Good idea. Want to eat in our room?"

Susie nodded. "Yeah, sure. Sounds fun." She grabbed some napkins and put her pizza on a plate. Kris did the same and followed her upstairs. When they got to his room Susie sat on Kris's bed and motioned for him to sit next to her. He hopped onto the bed and started eating his pizza. Susie looked over at him. "This shit's amazing, but it's sloppy as hell." She sucked the grease off of her fingers. Kris nodded in agreement as he stuffed his face. "Thanks for helping me make this. It feels so good to eat a ton of actual food for once."

"No problem. I'm sure it does, but try not to eat too much. You're probably not used to having a lot of food, I imagine. And eating a lot will make you sick and you'll puke everywhere."

"Yeah. You're right."

"We should try to eat normally, and more on a schedule or something."

Susie got a little flashback from her old home. She remembered how she always wanted Kris's food. Old her would have just taken anyone's food, but she never could with Kris. Susie knew how important a form of diet would be for her. She needed to get back into shape. She felt pretty strong, but she wanted to make sure she was healthy. For her, and for Kris. "Heh. Fine, you can pick what I eat, okay?"

Kris's face grew a grin. "Ooo. This will be fun."

Susie laughed. "Don't feed me disgusting shit dude, or I'm out."

"I won't, I won't. Probably."

"I'm warning you. You'll catch these hands."

"Kris scooted away from Susie. "Whoa, shit then. Fine. Don't kill me."

Susie reached and quickly pulled him back.

"Whoaa."

Susie snickered. "You jokester." She continued eating as Kris laughed. He tried to bite more of his pizza, but all the cheese came off and ripped from his mouth. Kris mumbled something, but his mouth was muffled from the pizza so Susie didn't understand it. "Hey. Wanna see a magic trick?" Kris stopped chewing and looked at Susie. She reached over and grabbed his cheese, then dropped it in her mouth. She swallowed it in an instant. She looked at Kris, and with his stern look, he said something that was too muffled for her to get. Susie snorted. "Oh my god, you're so funny when you do that."

Kris swallowed. "You took my cheese!"

"Oops." She gave Kris a smile and shrugged. He shook his head, with half a smile showing on his face. "Hey, I'm gonna stop eating to make sure I can get in shape again. You can have mine."

Kris's smile grew even more. "That's a good idea. I'm glad. Normally eating habits are hard to shut down." He looked up at Susie. "I mean, not saying you have a problem or anything."

"Relax. It's fine. I'm pretty sure I do have one." She put her plate down on the bed. "Besides, you know a lot when it comes to people and emotions and stuff, so I trust you."