Chapter 38 - Undyne and Joe

"Undyne!" He checked her pulse. "Undyne! Wake up!"

"Ugh. What? Joe, quit shaking me!"

"Sorry. You took a while to wake up."

"Wait." Undyne shot up. "Where are we?"

Joeseph sat down in front of her. "Do you not remember?" Undyne just stared at him blankly. "Anything?"

"Ugh. I don't...  what happened?"

"You got hit on the head... real bad. We both did."

Undyne tried to touch her head but pulled her hand away. "Why can't I remember anything? What were we doing?"

"You actually don't remember?"

"No! Tell me."

"We came here because someone called 911. Originally we thought someone was just assaulting people at a party, but from what I'm finding out, it's a lot bigger than that."

"A lot bigger how? And how did you find out... what is happening? Just try to explain it from the beginning."

"So we came into the building looking for the guy that was attacking people. Some of his 'henchmen' knocked us out, and I eventually woke up next to you. I saw some of them leave this room all together, and when I was sure they were gone, I got up and followed them."

"That's a little dangerous considering your state."

"I was fine. Anyway, I followed. They all seemed to escape in a white van, and it didn't seem to have a license plate. So I came back to wake you up."

Undyne jumped up. "Well why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

"Cause of that."

"What?"

"You'd make too much noise! Keep it down."

"Right, fair point." Undyne looked around the auditorium. "Let's head out back."

"We can't. Look. They put locks on the doors."

"I don't understand. Why would they go through the effort of locking down, and leave? And they didn't even kidnap us?" 

"Perhaps they thought you'd be too much trouble."

Undyne snickered. "Ha, ha. Maybe. Or something else came up."

"What are you suggesting?"

"I'm not sure. But we got to get out of here." She slowly walked across the gym and looked at all the tables. "What got set on fire here?" She looked towards the middle of the gym and turned on her flashlight. "And all the wood here is broken. Something fell here?" 

"I'm guessing something went down here."

"Yeah." Undyne gasped. "Oh, it's just some fruit punch silled on the floor."

"What? Can you not handle a little blood?"

"Of course I can! Just not from a kid."

"Yeah..."

"We should get moving. And be quiet."

"Yes ma'am."

Undyne pulled out her radio, but all she heard was static. She started hitting it. "C'mon! Stupid thing."

"It's not going to work. Signals jammed."

"What? Are you serious?" 

"I've already tried. I can't even get service."

"Whatever. Let's just get out of here." Undyne turned off her flashlight and made her way into the hallway. "At least the doors are unlocked." She looked both ways. "I don't think anyone's here."