Chapter 33 - To A New Adventure

All we have to do is make it to town, that's not so hard. Kris gripped to Susie as she helped him walk along the dry and rocky road.

"Ya still holding up, Kris?"

"Yeah." Kris wiped off his face. This is so painful. I feel so embarrassed that Susie's basically carrying me all this way.

"Dude you're sweating like a pig."

"Ugh. I know."

"I mean, I only care because you seem sick or something."

"Thanks." Kris tried to show her that he cared but was in too much pain to smile at the moment, so he just squeezed her arm harder for a second. "I can't really see that well. Are we almost there?"

"Probably." Susie stopped. "Are you going to be okay climbing down these rocks?"

Kris focused his eyes in front of him so he could see better. "Wha- oh. I think I'll be fine. I'll just be a little slow."

"Okay, I'll help you down." Susie jumped down a rock and reached up for Kris. He slowly climbed down into her arms, then she placed him on the ground. Every rock they climbed down, Susie helped Kris get down without him falling. "Almost there, c'mon."

Kris grunted. "I feel like a grandpa at a nursing home."

Susie laughed. "Jeez."

"Sorry for taking so long."

"It's fine, I don't mind." She jumped down a huge rock and caught Kris as he jumped. "C'mon. Almost there." She let Kris grab hold of her arm and she walked towards the town in the distance. I hope this works. I really hope Kris can get better, and I know he's hiding something from me. It kind of pisses me off, but whatever. As long as he's okay. "Hey. Look, we're here."

Kris looked up. "Yes. Let's find Ralsei." He slowly let go of Susie's arm.

"Kris?"

"I think I can walk."

Susie seemed concerned. "You don't have to. I could literally carry you if you wanted me to."

Kris scoffed. "No, you are not carrying me."

"Pfft. Okay."

As they walked around the town, they saw Ralsei sprinting from his Castle. "Guys! Hi! Hi! Hi!"

Susie walked ahead of Kris. "Hey, Ralsei. We need help."

"I can tell. Kris looks beat up." Ralsei looked at Kris. "How are you holding up, Kris?"

"Fine. Can you help?" Kris slowly made his way to both of them.

Ralsei chuckled. "Of course. Follow me." He turned and ran down the road into his castle.

"C'mon Kris. Do you need help walking?"

He limped towards the castle. "I'll make it."

"Alright, Blue."

Kris slowly turned around. He shook his head and smiled. "Weirdo."

"Hey! That's my line." Susie started walking behind Kris. "Punk."

"Fine, Pinky."

"What??" Susie scoffed. "Do not call me that."

Kris let out a choked laugh and coughed. "Nah."

"Kris... Are you sure you're okay?" She asked in her genuine, softer voice.

"Yes. Thank you. I'll be just fine."

Susie followed Kris into the castle. Whoa. This place looks a lot bigger than I remembered. They have so much carpet and flowers. And guards apparently. Ralsei waved from in one of the rooms. She told them to hurry up and come into the room. So impatient. Susie picked up her pace but slowed back down when she caught up to Kris.