▪️Furniture shopping▪️

*EDITED*

IVY

We came out of the JFK airport. I looked around at the astounding sight. It was very different but beautiful. It was extremely busy and I loved it.

"This is the coolest" I heard Morgan say.

"I know right! We are all finally on our own!!" I screamed

"Groupiiiiie" screamed Cynthia and we all huddled together.

We hailed a cab and I gave the driver the address to our apartment. We were staying in a 3 bedroom apartment in NJ. NYC was too expensive and crowded too.

The car pulled over and we all got down with out luggage. Our apartment was on the second floor. I breathed in profoundly to quiet my nerves. This was too exciting and startling simultaneously. I grinned at them both prior to going up the elevator. This is all that I had longed for. My closest companions and I staying together. I knew we were going to have so much fun!

We got our key from the landlord. He told us that our furniture had arrived.

All the three bedrooms were the same size.

We had to buy the furniture for our rooms. We ordered our beds alone.The living room and kitchen was fully furnished.

Our rooms hadn't been done yet

Our rooms hadn't been done yet. We just ordered our beds so we'd have something to sleep on.

I had a good amount of cash in my bank which was mostly concert money and money that I won from competitions.

I went inside my room and arranged my clothes and took out my note pad and pen and wrote down the things I need to buy for my room.

I set out for buying the furniture. I tried waking Cynthia and Morgan but they were ready to murder me. They're classes don't start for another 10 days. They had plenty of time to shop.

I went to a cute furniture shop nearby and got most of my stuffs there. I didnt want to overdo anything.

I went down to the grocery store to pick some stuffs and went back home

I went down to the grocery store to pick some stuffs and went back home. Home. I loved it.The feeling of being independent was so damn refreshing.

I do have a bit of an Indian side to my family. Both my greatgrandpa and greatgrandma (paternal) were part  Indians. They both came to the US and changed their last name for the business. Hence, Morningstar. While my mom was born to a traditional Christian family. Their marriage was a huge thing. They had to fight my moms parents. My dad's family was kind of open minded and didn't believe in god. While my mothers parents were totally opposite. My mom even went to Sunday school. But my mom didn't believe either. She did all that to just make my grandparents happy.

I went to my room and tried to brush up my syllabus and studied the first chapter in all my subjects. Yes, I was a nerd. 

After finishing up I looked at the time and it was 11 and dark. So I went to the kitchen and made myself a sandwich and went back to my room.

I called my mom and talked with her for sometime and tried to get some sleep.

It didn't come easy. I thought about how much I had to fight to get here. My school. How much Natalie tortured me and the rumors she spread about me.

In short we all went to a traditional girls school. I went there because of my grandmother(maternal) who wanted me to go there. My parents couldn't say no. So I suffered and the fact that my second name was Morningstar didn't help. I didnt believe in god like my parents . So natalie was this cool girl who everyone wanted to be friends with. So I was close to her for a while and thought she was cool. But man she was nothing close to cool. She was a backstabbing bitch. Morgan was thia nice girl that sat with me during math. Natalie's crush asked out Morgan. Natalie was furious.

She started spreading rumors about Morgan that she homophobic. I was supper pissed. I spoke in support of Morgan because I definitely liked Morgan better and was ready to leave Natalie because she crossed her limits. They were a bunch of homophobics who made life hell. This all happend because of my honesty. I told her to her face that I didnt want to be friends any more. She made sure the rest of my two years was living hell. The funny thing here was me and Morgan became best friends. But the most annoying thing. We both are straight. We both dream about meeting 1d and one of the boys falling in love with us. When I told my mom about all this, "everything happens for a reason.if you hadn't stood up to natalie for Morgan you wouldn't have a true friend would you?"

Morgan's best friend was Cynthia. They both welcomed me with open arms. We became the three.

I drifted of to sleep thinking about all the possibilities and wonderful things I could do here.

———————————

Do vote and comment!