▪️Jog▪️

IVY
I woke up next morning happy and fresh. I was cheery after a very long time. I got down from the bed to find a cup of coffee on the bedside table. There was a small note under it saying

"Going for a jog, wanna join?"
-L

Seeing that put a huge smile on my face. I immediately rushed to the bathroom and washed my face, brushed my teeth and put one of my sports clothes.

I put my hair into a bun and took my phone and went down

I heard his voice booming from the kitchen. He was laughing? And I heard another women. My heart beat dropped. He was with another women. I couldn't believe it. I was with another man. But, I just couldn't help feeling the pain. The anger. The irritation. And on top of all, jealousy.

I nevertheless stepped inside the room. Leo was seated opposite to a woman who was probably 40. Seriously Lucifer?. Ew. That's what I wanted to say.

"Amore, good morning. I want you to meet Mrs. Enrique" he said pointing towards that woman. Mrs?

"Hello, Mrs. Enrique" I said giving her a warm smile.

"She was our baby sitter when we were young and she now is our caretaker." He said smiling. He really like this woman.

I just smiled at her. She smiled back a very warm smile that was so motherly. I could tell she loved lucifer too.

"Well, lets go love" he asked coming near me and putting his arms around my shoulder.

"Yeah" I said taking his arm out.

"Ouch. I am hurt" he said fake crying.

"Well, you left me. I was hurt too" I said smirking. But I did mean it. I went out and heard Mrs. Enrique whispering.

"You have got queen there. You are an idiot for leaving her figli" she said. This woman was smart and I already loved her.

He came out to he front door after a few minutes with 2 water bottles. He handed me one and we went out to put our shoes.

"How much do you jog usually?" He asked.

"8-10km?" I said.

"Okay" he said and started jogging. I jogged behind him. The trail was beautiful. Italian summer morning is just something magical. You can't possibly put it into words.

"You look really good" he said smiling.

I turned completely pink and turned the other way. Ryan never had this effect on me.

"You ever been here?" He asked.

"No. But this is actually my dream destination. Thanks to Talia I got to see it." I said smiling.

"Is there any favorite place in Italy?" He asked.

"Crema" I said.

"Call me by your name?" He said laughing.

"Yup" I said.

"Right after I finished the book, I went down to Monet's berm and recreated his painting." He said.

"Really? I want to see it."

"Okay. Do you have any plans after the jog?" He asked.

"No. Until Talia comes, I have nothing to do."

" cool. Well paint after breakfast?" He asked.

" oh god, I would love to. Its been two years since I touched a brush" I said feeling excited.

"Ryan doesn't like it"

"What? Your fiancé?"

"Yeah"

"So what?"

"I don't want to upset him"

"Since when do you care about what others think?" He asked clearly  surprised and a bit pissed.

"Since my ex who I loved dearly left and took my confidence and strength with him" I said.

He stopped dead on his tracks. I just kept going. He soon followed up. We did the rest of the jog in awkward silence. That's when I realized I shouldn't have said that. But that's my defense mechanism to protect my ego. To make sure I don't crawl back to him.

We jogged back. I went up without looking at him. I went into the bathroom to have a warm bath. I came out to see a cute dress laid out. There was a small note near it. Again.

"Don't be too hard on him darling:)

"Don't be too hard on him darling:)."
- Mrs. Enrique

I smiled at her. I really liked her. I changed into that cute dress and went down. We had an amazing breakfast table laid out in the backyard. I sat down to eat.

"It's only two of us Mrs. Enrique, why don't you join?" I asked.

She looked doubtful but joined us. We ate our food in silence. He didn't once look up. I helped Mrs. Enrique clean up and went up to my room. I was flat on the bed reading The Great Gatsby. I felt a small knock on the door.

"Come in" I said

He walked looking guilty and hot in a flower shirt?

"I am sorry Ivy. I know it was a mistake, but at that time, I thought it was the right thing. Please forgive me" he said. I couldn't. I couldn't not forgive him. I got up and give him a small hug.

"Since when do you wear flower shirts" I asked smirking.

"Since you" he said staring at my eyes.

I kept looking into his eyes. I was almost close to kissing him, when my phone rang.

Fucking Ryan.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed. Mostly because we were about to kiss.

"I am sorry Ivy. Please forgive me. Have fun in Italy, but please come back." He said.

"What you did was not nice Ryan. I don't know what to say"

"Please, tell me you wont leave"

I sighed before saying something I know I will regret forever.

"I won't. But I am still pissed" I said before harshly ending the call.

"What happened love?" He asked.

"Fiance. He was an asshole."

"I want to hear the whole thing. " he said sitting near me.

I told him everything that happened.

"Damn. He did that?" He asked.

"Yup" I said sighing. 

"You know what? We will go paint. I am sure that will cheer you up" he said dragging me to the art  room.

I don't know if art will cheer me up, but he will.
——————————————————
Enjoy!!