▪️Leaves of Grass▪️

We had an hour left. I lived near the airport. So it wasn't a problem. I just packed one suitcase as it was just for a few days. We will be back here before 27th as I have to work on a paper.

Cynthia and Morgan weren't coming as they both were extremely bus. Cynthia has special classes during the holiday as she was failing. Cynthia is so talented when it comes to fashion, but her parents want her to be a doctor. Morgan has a show on New Year's. So she has to practice.

Leo came to pick me up. We were going in his private jet. He can't travel in a flight. It's kind of dangerous. We both checked in and boarded our flights. I was wearing something simple as I wanted to be comfortable.

We both wore our seatbelts and he turned and gave my hand a squeeze and a small smile. He didn't talk much. He was quiet guy and I loved that about him.

I opened my handbag and took out the sanitizer. I was a neat freak. I wiped my hands and gave some to Leo to. I leaned back and looked out the window.

"You like reading?" he asked me.

"What?" I asked.

"Kindle" he said pointing at my bag.

"Yeah. I love reading" I said smiling.

"what are you reading now" he asked.

I took out the kindle and handed it to him. He opened it to see.

"Classic" he said smiling.

"You know?" I asked surprised. Leaves of grass is a classic book by Whitman not a lot of people know about. Unless and until you are absolutely a literature freak, there is no way someone would have read this book.

"Yeah. I am not a freak like you, but I enjoy reading." He said with a smile. A mischievous one. I smacked him hard.

"ow" he said rubbing his head.

"what's your favorite ?" he asked. This was an easy question.

"O me! O Life" I said smiling.

"That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse" he said quoting one of the best lines from the entire book and the poem.

"Wow, we don't know each other at all do we?" I asked starting to panic.

"You look flustered, what wrong?" he asked.

"I am scared Leo." I said

"why baby?' he asked removing my seat belt lifting me up as if I was a feather and placing me on his lap.

"What if I never came out that night? What If I had decided to stay home or you had never got hurt? We wouldn't have known each other." I said.

"But why are you scared?"

"That his could all disappear tomorrow." I said looking down.

He looked at me with so much love and said

"Everything in my life was merely prologue until now, merely delay, merely pastime, merely waste of time until I came to know you."

I was awestruck.

"Goethe" I said. He smiled at me. This was more than enough assurance. This made me know for sure that, even if we had to separate, the love would never break.

I crashed my lips on o his and he carried me to the room.

We soon arrived at LA and got down with our luggages. My dad had sent the driver to pick us up.

"Hello Mr Gomez" I said.

"Hello dear" he was my driver and dropped me and picked me up from and to everywhere. He took care of me like his own child.

I and Leo got in and we reached home soon. Leo was fiddling and I knew he was nervous.

"My parents are nice. Don't worry" I said laughing.

I went to the door and opened it. Mom was waiting in the living room. I soon rushed to her and hugged her.

Leo stood behind me giving an awkward smile. My mom soon withdrew and gave a polite smile towards le and gave him a small hug.

"Hello Mrs Morningstar" he said,

"Please dear, call me Pauline" he smiled and stood near me.

My sister stormed inside the room and came running and gave him a huge hug. She was the opposite of me, mom and dad. She was always over enthusiastic and extremely social.

"Leo, this is Lisa, my sister" I said laughing.

"Damn, you're huge" my sister said gaping.

"How tall are you exactly?" she asked him. He smirked before saying,

"6'5" he said. She looked at me and at him and started laughing.

"You are damn short Ivy" she said,

I rolled my eyes. My Dad soon came into the room and came near me to give me a hug.

"Hello Mr Morningstar" Leo said giving out his hand.

"Oh! No formalities" my dad said squeezing him into a hug"

"Damn how tall are you?" my dad asked the same question. All of us replied in unison

"6'5"

My dad just talked random things to him before taking him or I should say "Luring" him inside his office. I talked with my mama for sometime. I missed her. So much. 

My dad and Lucifer came out after a long time. He had this amusing smile on his face

"So, who's taking care of the business?" my dad asked soon diving into his field of speech.

"My dad's close friend is taking care of it. I have just started investing and I am getting on my track" he said smiling.

"Your dad was a great guy. I am really sorry for your loss" my dad said giving him a pat in the back.

"You knew Leo's dad?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah. Alex King was our lead investor" My dad said casually.

My mom sensed my tension and soon barged in.

"Will dear, they'll be tired, why don't our take him to his room Ivy?" she asked.

We both went up and I showed him to his room. He placed his suitcase on his bed and I soon dragged him out to my room.

My room at home was big. Super big. We both sat on the cushion and I narrowed my eyes at him

"Spill" I said

"My dad used to invest in your dads company and they were friends. That's all" he said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah" he said.

I gave out a huge breath before dragging him to the bed where I cuddled up to him. He was always the big spoon and he enjoyed it.

"Don't hide things from me Leo" I said before drifting off to sleep

————————————————————————————————————

Vote and comment!!

Have a nice day!