▪️Birthday 2▪️

IVY

Our next stop was for lunch and I think he was a bit pissed for me not telling him about my birthday. Nevertheless, being my sweetheart, he took me to McD. We both bought a parcel and ate in the car.

He looked at the food for a while and took a bite of his burger. I saw his eyes enlarge. That's when I realized,

"You've never had mcD?" I shout.

"No?" He said

"Why?! How the fuck????"

"I grew up in Crema, Italy. We didn't eat out much. Safety problems. Even now we don't eat out much. Its only when you came, me and Talia both started eating out."

"What? Now, someone can't poison you?"

"I am Leo King here. I own a huge amount of McD and a lot of other restaurant's shares. Also, you don't get it love."

"What?"

"I wasn't like this before you. I barely talked. I barely was around. I barely slept. I barely ate. Talia hated me"

"No she didn't"

"Maybe. But she never talked to me either. She was always angry. But that's probably because I killed her best friend. But still-"

"What the fuck?"

"Oh. Damn. Um...I killed Talia's best friend Nora."

"Was she someone bad?"

"No. She was collateral damage. But, I could have saved her if I had taken her to the hospital. But, I had to kill the enemy, so I left her to die"

I was dumbstruck. I knew he was a Mafioso. He killed for a living. But he was heartless? I knew it. I knew what I was getting into. But hearing him say it was scary. What was scarier was that I didn't care. I still loved him the same. It didn't matter.

He suddenly reached out to hold my hands and I felt a shiver down my spine. His touch did that to me.

"I'm not him anymore. Please don't leave me or anything" I could feel the desperation in his voice

"Lucifer, I was shocked there for a minute. But don't ever think I'll leave you. You told me the truth the first day. I knew what I was getting into. I won't leave you idiot. I love you too much. But pleas don't kill Freddie or Morgan or Cynthia."

"Freddie?"

"Yeah. He's my best friend."

"HE??"

"Oh god don't freak out. That kids younger than me. I have known him since I was 10. I am not going to elope with him. You know what? You are way too dramatic for a Mafioso"

He just rolled his eyes and went back to eating his lunch.

"You never told me about Italy?" I asked. He never did. We never shared our pasts.

"There's nothing to share. Come on, let's go" He said getting up. I didn't want to press any further. We have been dating only for months and I haven't told him about mine yet.

We both got on his bike and he turned to me.

"My place?" He asked.

I didn't have any plans, except I thought about going out for dinner with Cynthia and Morgan and maybe invite Talia too.

"Okay. But you need to drop me at my apartment at 5. Is that okay?"

"Sure"

We reached soon enough. I opened his door when I hear screams

"SURPRISE"

Cynthia, Morgan, Talia and Dean were shouting with a cute birthday hat on their heads. The room was extensively decorated in pastel colors. There was a pretty huge cake in the middle. Dark chocolate. I could immediately tell just by looking at it. I turned to face Lucifer.

"You did this? How is such short time?"

"I knew"

"What? How?"

"Cynthia and Morgan told me"

I immediately turned to glare at them with a smile. I have to accept. I loved it. It was just the 6 of us and it didn't feel so bad.

I blew the candles and they sang the song which made me awkward and then laughed at me. We smashed cake on all our faces. I was happy. Extremely happy. We all washed up and it was gift time. I helped Talia clean up because it was unbelievably messy.

We both went into the kitchen and started loading the plates and vessels in the dish washer. Suddenly out of nowhere Talia gave me a huge hug.

"I have never been this happy in my entire life. Thank you. You are the best thing that happened to my small family. Please marry him."

I laughed at her

"I have to thank you guys. I have never been this happy in my life. I feel like I got a family because of Lucifer."

"He has never been this happy. He never smiled, danced, ate cake or smashed it. Thank you. I don't know what we did to deserve you. You literally lit up our world. He even apologized to me for the first time in years. We talk like normal siblings because of you. I am indebted to you forever. I got my Lulu back. Thank you, thank you, thank you"

"Lulu?" I asked laughing.

"Yeah. That's how I called him when we were younger. And he called me Lia" she said smiling at her beautiful memories. I wondered what made their life hell.

We both chatted for a while before going to the living room. Every one gave me their gifts except Lucifer. Cynthia got me a vintage aesthetic diary that I wanted to buy a few weeks ago but didn't because I wanted to save the money instead. Morgan got me a huge photo of me, Cynthia and her framed I almost cried looking at it. Talia got me these amazing shoes in velvet lavender. It was absolutely beautiful and for sure extremely pricy. Dean had gotten me a bracelet that Talia helped him pick. It was so beautiful and I gave him a hug. He was basically the only guy I was allowed to talk to without Lucifer getting angry.

I wore the bracelet and showed it to Lucifer

"Lulu isn't this pretty"

He looked up at me and shot daggers with his eyes before turning complete red. We all started laughing before he went and stood in front of Talia before saying

"Run if you value your life" She sprinted away with Leo right behind her. They chased around each other for a while before sitting on the couch. They all switched on their TV before Lucifer signaled me to follow him. I followed hi m to his room when he handed me a package.

"Happy birthday love"

I opened the gift wrap which was in blue and so beautiful. I folded the wrap and put it in a bag. I have weird habit of saving my gift wraps.  I saw what was inside and I just couldn't believe my eyes and a tear slipped my eyes.

"How-?"

"I asked your dad on why you didn't have it. He told me how you wanted the handwritten version. He did warn me that if I get you this book, you will forever love me" he said smiling.

"I love it. I just can't tell you how much his means to me" I said hugging him and giving him a deep kiss. He had gotten me Leaves of grass by Walt Whitman and the hand written original first version which was not up for sale when I wanted to buy it. I am pretty sure he killed someone for this.

Walt Whitman helped me during my hardest times. My dad was correct. I am his forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------———
Hey y'all

Have fun and
check out my besties book you belong with me which is about Freddie!!
Suvashiniramji