▪️Mistake▪️

IVY
Its been 6 years today. 6 years since i saw him, kissed him, talked to him. I graduated Columbia on top of my class and got my MBA in finance from Harvard soon after my undergrad. I did all his without him which I just simple couldn't accept or believe. I hunted for him for 3 years and I gave up.

During all these tiring times, Ryan was there for me. I met him during y MBA internship at the smiths and co. We became close friends and he was my boss. Later, when I got placed in the same company, we started dating. He also ended up being the son of Mr. Alfred Smith, the Owner. Its been two years since I started dating him and 6 years since I saw him.

Ironically today being January one, the day I got shot 6 years ago, The day he left me 6 Yeas ago, Ryan proposed and I said yes. I couldn't believe I said yes. He proposed in front of my entire family. My mom was clearly pleased and she hated Leo for leaving me. My dad was surprised and I knew he liked Leo way more. But he wouldn't once he knows Leo is Leandro Lucifer Deluca.

Ryan and I were sitting on our couch watching a movie which I hated but he loved. It was some cringe romcom and I just couldn't bare to watch and I just wanted to breath fresh air.I haven't had that privilege in a long time. I went out to stand in the balcony. I just wanted to be alone, but Ryan didn't get the clue and followed me out.

This is why I missed Leo. He knew what I wanted even if I wasn't vocal about it. He never forced me to be someone I was not. He understood me. He loved me. He appreciated every aspect of me. And of course how can I forget the sex. It was something beyond lust. I then just realized that I was thinking about sex with my ex when I just go engaged to my boyfriend.

I tried to push my thoughts away and stared at my hand, which had his bracelet. The only thing he left for me. The only concrete proof of our relationship. Ryan came from behind and hugged me.

"Who gave you the bracelet? You never seem to remove it?"

"N-no one. I-I bought it with my first salary at an auction" I lied.

"It looks ugly baby. Don't wear it" He said removing it"

"Never Ryan, If you don't like me wearing, take his instead" I said removing my engagement ring.

"Chill Ivy, its just a bracelet" He said, before going in.

I got a call on my phone. It was Mr. Smith.

"Yes Mr. Smith" I said

"Ms. Morningstar, I am pleased to let you know that we have chosen you for the position of senior financial analyst. Welcome to the team and congrats." He said

"Thank you so much sir!" I said feeling happy. I worked so hard and he chose me over his son for he position. Now I was going to Ryan's boss. Mr. Smith was so good at what he did and didn't care for anything. I called him Mr. Smith during official hours as I though it was appropriate.

"Ryan came in the living room with a glass of rum.

"Who was it?" He asked.

"Mr. Smith" I said

"What did he want?"

"I have been promoted as the Senior Financial analyst" I said jumping.

"What " he asked looking a bit annoyed.

"Yeah" I said.

"Amazing" He said irritated

"What's up Ryan"

"Just leave me alone Ivy" He said

"Okay" I said going out the balcony. I just didn't care. I called up my dad to tell the good news. I remained close to my dad, he was going back to LA. He spent a few days with us in NY.

I soon went to sleep and I knew Ryan was still not over me being his boss but he didn't want to discuss it. We never discussed our problems. We weren't the fun couple. We were just people with same kinda parents.

I woke up the next morning and choose to wear something nice as it was my first day as my boyfriend's boss and I secretly enjoyed it.

I went out looking happy as a sunflower. I saw Ryan in the kitchen. He handed over my coffee as I went to the kitchen. He looked at me and said.

"Hey I am sorry about yesterday" he said coming and kissing my cheeks. The one odd thing about being with him is I never get the rush I had with Lucifer. Just saying his name gave me a rush.

"You look good babe, but you forgot your lenses " he said smiling.

He didn't like the different color eyes and so I started wearing my contacts. The want to wear the contacts just because he thought they weren't good made me realize how week I actually was.

We both set out to our offices. I had a small party organized by my friends and I knew Ryan was upset because he didn't show.

I got pissed that he didn't have it in him to be happy for me. I went down to this small bakery shop that had amazing pastries to treat myself. I was purchasing my order when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned back to see who it was and I was so surprised . It had been a long time since I saw her.

"TALIA" I screamed before giving her a huge hug. She was definitely taken back by surprise. But she soon hugged me back.

"God I missed you so much" she said laughing.

"Its been 6 freaking years" I said.

"And you still look wonderful" she said

" You still look stunning" I said. I missed her so much. At one point of time, I seriously thought we'd get to be sisters.

"Where is Cynthia and Morgan?" She asked. We both bought our orders.

"At their home probably" I said laughing.

"You guys don't stay together?" She asked clearly surprised.

"No. They both stay together but I stay with my fiancé" I said.

She was clearly taken back and didn't look too pleased. I could see her get uncomfortable, irritated and annoyed. She was just like her brother. And I knew him like the back of my hand. I know him better than anyone can know anyone.

"Woow really? Congrats, here's my number, we will talk later? I have some stuff to do" she got up to leave and we both exchanged numbers.

I soon bid goodbye and went up to the office when my dad called me.

"Papa! I was about to call you!" I said

"Ah! Well, I was faster " he said making me laugh

"Well, how is my senior financial analyst doing?" He asked

"She's doing good. And guess who she met today" I asked

"Who?" He asked sounding extremely curious.

"Talia"

"You got engaged yesterday and then kings show up today, that's what i call destiny" he said. And that made me think.  I just finished up my worked and went home tired to a 1000 questions from my fiancé. Is this how its going to be  for the rest of my life?

This is the moment I realized this was a mistake.

——————————————————————————
Heyy!!!
Enjoy!
I decided Toni mahfud to be the lead and I updated the profile too!!