▪️Borrowed time▪️

IVY
I went out the door with a pocket knife in my hand. I was good with a knife now. I learnt from a few people to fight. I know Achmad wanted to kill me, though all the Camorras have been awfully silent for a few years.

I went out and found a vodka bottle shattered and Lucifer down on the floor heavily drunk. That idiot. I helped him get up. He looked into my face and width drew from my grip

"Leave me, I have a girl back home. But she is getting married to another dude. She wants to fix the wedding date with that slouch. But I will fight. Hard" he said before passing out. I couldn't help but feel the butterflies in my stomach. And since when did he start drinking?

I dragged him back to his room. He was so heavy. I somehow managed to get him on the bed without him getting hurt.

I took a blanket to cover him and started leave when I heard him murmur.

"Ivy? Is that you?"

"Yeah Lucifer. I am here" I said.

"Stay. Sleep with me please" he said before passing out.

I sighed and got in bed with him. I looked at him sleeping. At that moment, I knew I loved him. More than anything. But, I decided one thing. For everything he put me through, I will forgive him. I will at least try to forgive him, if he asks me to stay, if he steps up and tells me he wants me.

I soon went into a deep slumber. And the best thing. I didn't need the pill. He was enough. And I still knew, he could do it. Give me peaceful sleep.

LEANDRO
I woke up to an empty bed. But I remember Ivy sleeping in. I remember everything. I asked her to sleep with me and she did. I looked at the clock and it was almost afternoon.

I struggled to get up and found a gross green drink on the bed table with a note under it.

"Hangover juice"

It was in Ivy's handwriting. I smiled. I drank that gross thing and somehow controlled my self from gagging. It was so gross and the color and texture didn't help.

I gulped it in and washed my mouth with some mouthwash to get rid of the smell. I took a hot shower and changed into so e decent clothes.

I will have Ivy. I know that. She will be mine. I had to believe that. Thank gods Ryan's a whack. The next few days were mainly them going shopping for the wedding dress and choosing shoes and all that.

It was Wednesday . The wedding was on Sunday. They were all home and calling people to confirm and panicking. It was chaos. Literal chaos.

I was in my room looking through some files. The chaos had calmed down now. Dean took talia out for ice cream. Morgan, Cynthia and Ivy were sitting by the pool. I looked out of my window to look at stunning view. I meant Ivy. She looked breathtakingly beautiful. The bikini was amazing. I just wanted to taste her. Feel her body on mine. Become one with her. Become her.

IVY
These past few days were hectic. But, we had so much fun. I stole kisses from Lucifer often. But, we didn't do anything beyond that. I wanted to. But I couldn't.
I went to my bedroom and changed into a bikini and went down to the pool.

I was comfortably laying in one of those pool side recliner chairs. I was just taking in a beautiful Italian summer. I was reading call me by your name. Perfect. Isn't it?

I felt someone sit next to me. I turned to see Lucifer sitting in the chair with his arms under his head flexing. What a sight he was.

"What are you reading?"

"Call me by your name" I said.

"I love that book" he said. I was surprised. Its very rare a guy would accept liking gay books.

"Really? I love it too"

"The way the author has expressed the emotions of the characters. Its just unbelievably.."

"Raw" I said.

"Yes. Read it to me" he said.

I started reading the page.

"I wanted him dead too, so that if I couldn't stop thinking about him and worrying about when would be the next time I'd see him, at least his death would put an end to it. I wanted to kill him myself, even, so as to let him know how much his mere existence had come to bother me, how unbearable his ease with everything and everyone, taking all things in stride, his tireless I'm-okay-with-this-and-that, his springing across the gate to the beach when everyone else opened the latch first, to say nothing of his bathing suits, his spot in paradise, his cheeky Later!, his lip-smacking love for apricot juice. If I didn't kill him, then I'd cripple him for life, so that he'd be with us in a wheelchair and never go back to the States. If he were in a wheelchair, I would always know where he was, and he'd be easy to find. I would feel superior to him and become his master, now that he was crippled.

Then it hit me that I could have killed myself instead, or hurt myself badly enough and let him know why I'd done it. If I hurt my face, I'd want him to look at me and wonder why, why might anyone do this to himself, until, years and years later—yes, Later!—he'd finally piece the puzzle together and beat his head against the wall."

I smiled at this. This was one of my most favorite books ever. I turned to look at him smiling too.

"Your favorite line from the book?" He asked

"If I could have him like this in my dreams every night of my life, I'd stake my entire life on dreams and be done with the rest"
I said.

"Woow" he said. I could see him smiling and I know this line would have this effect on everybody. This was not one of those typical cringe romance. This was real life romance that was believable. This was raw stuff that everyone needed to hear and read.

"What's yours?" I asked.

"We are not written for one instrument alone; I am not, neither are you" he said

"Amazing book huh?" I asked.

"Yeah it is." He said.

He suddenly got up and made a phone call. He came back after some time and looked at me

"Change and come down. We are going out" he said and just left.

My stomach flipped at him saying this. I was so excited. This was my borrowed time. Like what Oliver and Elio had. My time to pay up is coming soon. I don't plan on wasting it.

—————————————————
"Enjoy?!!

Anddsdd pls everyone read call me by your name. Its a masterpiece. Also one more quote from the book which the title of the chapter and last para of this chapter is based on:

"I suddenly realised  that we were on borrowed time, that time is always borrowed, and that lending agency exacts its premium precisely when we are least prepared to pay and need to borrow more"

Byee!!