Chapter 1

"Miss Clarens! Your father awaits you in his office." Jameson, my fathers friend and counselor called me as I was waiting in the hallway.

"Thank you, Jameson." I said and walked into my fathers office.

My father was sitting at his desk as usual with hundreds of papers and folders scattered all over the place. I noticed my mom standing by the window, smiling as soon as she saw me.

"Take a seat, honey." She said and I did as I was told. I folded my hands on my lap and waited for one of them to talk.

"Since you've just graduated from college your mom and I thought it was time to give you more responsibility at the company since you're going to take my place as CEO sometime in the near future." My dad started off.

Finally. I usually did all the work he gave me right here at home instead of actually going to the company since my dad didn't want to hand me everything over on a silver plate but rather have me working under his supervision while I finish college.

He also didn't want to have his employees think that his 21 year old daughter would take over the company.

"However, before that happens I want you to experience what it's like to work your way up. I want you to appreciate the work of your employees and that's why your mom and I thought that it would be a good idea for you to be an intern."

"What?" I asked even though I heard what he said very clearly.

"You're basically going undercover as an intern to get to know your way around but especially to get to know the people. You know how important it is for me to have a good relationship with my employees." He said.

"But wouldn't they find out?" I asked, trying to talk my way out of it.

"No they won't. You'll go by your nickname, Ana, and as for your last name...I'll find one that suits you, don't worry." He explained as if he's been planning this for years.

"There will be rules, though." My mom suddenly said. Oh great, nothing better than following rules. I groaned.

"First of all, you can't tell anyone under any circumstances about who you really are. Second of all, you can't make it obvious that you have a couple more digits on your bank account which also means you can't wear any designer clothes. Same goes for expensive accessories. This really means a lot to your dad and I so please just take the opportunity we're giving you."

"So, for how long would I be doing that and what happens after that?" I asked.

"It really depends on how good you're doing. For now we've thought that maybe three months would be a good time. However, if we think that you're not ready yet, we'll extend to whatever seems appropriate." Dad replied.

"And as for what happens after that...well, that all lays in your hands, honey." My Mom added.

This really was a lot to take in. I get the reason why they think this was a good idea but that would also mean that life as I know it would be on hold for a while.

"One last thing. We rented you a small apartment ten minutes away from the company. It's already furnished and everything. You'll start Monday."

And with that I was dismissed and went to my room, trying to take everything in.

Since it was already Saturday evening I didn't have much time until I would start my new temporary life.

I slowly started packing up everything I needed but had to redo it all as I remembered one of the rules. No expensive clothes or accessories that would let me stand out.

I packed mostly stuff I bought on ASOS, Urban Outfitters, H&M and other brands that were unlike Prada, Dior and Gucci.

Hours later I finished everything up and fell asleep on my bed between a bunch of clothes and random stuff that I had thrown on my bed during the process of packing.

The next day at breakfast I felt weirdly nervous about all this.

"All your luggage is already in your car, honey." My Dad said as he and Mom joined me at the table.

All I did was nod in responds and started imagining what it would be like. What if I don't get along with some of the employees? What if they don't like me?

After breakfast I went to my room to see if I forgot anything before I went back downstairs to say goodbye to my parents.

"Call me." My Mom said and opened her arms for a hug.

"Of course." I said and let go of her before engulfing my Dad in a hug.

"You'll do great. I know it. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow." He said before letting go of me.

"Okay."

"Do you have everything?" My Mom asked even though she's asked me like ten times already.

"Yes Mom." I chuckled as she pulled me into yet another hug.

"Be good." She said and I nodded before walking out of the house, however not without waving at them one last time.

I got into my Mini Cooper and drove off.

About twenty minutes later I arrived at an apartment complex.

Welcome, to my new temporary life...I guess.

__________

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter :)