𝐕𝐈𝐈.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter seven.
episode three.
songs: none.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

The New Directions all walk into Vocal Adrenaline's auditorium and quickly take seats towards the back when they realize that they are in the middle of a performance. Their dance moves are flawless and their singing voices match.

"They're really good." Camila says out loud, gaping at the group on stage.

Rachel nods in agreement. "Not to worry, we're going to get Dakota Stanley and then we'll be even better than they are."

They finish their song quickly, but no one messes up on the vocals or the dancing and Camila has a hard time believing that this is just a rehearsal.

An extremely loud voice causes all the New Directions to jump a little in their seats. "Get off my stage!"

Vocal Adrenaline disperses quickly and, just on their way out, Camila could see 11 people sobbing. Quinn and Santana smirk at each other once they see who exactly the voice belonged to. Rachel gets up from her seat and runs down the auditorium steps, chasing Dakota Stanley as he walks out. The rest of the Glee Club follows begrudgingly.

They finally catch up to him when he gets out of the building and into his red sports car.

"Mr. Stanley!" Rachel calls out, but he doesn't halt his movements. "We're the McKinley High Glee Club."

He doesn't even glance at her. "No interviews."

"We'd like you to choreograph for us." Tina says with obvious hopefulness in her voice.

Dakota gets in the driver's seat of his car, finally looking over at the teenagers with a sigh. "Look, my fee is 8,000 dollars per number, plus a 10,000 dollar bonus if you place in the top three. And with Dakota Stanley at the wheel, you will place at the top three. Move it."

Before anyone could say anything else, he steps on the gas and his car screeches against the asphalt before speeding out of the highschool parking lot.

"How are we going to get 8,000 dollars." Rachel asks, her shoulders sagging in defeat.

Camila glances up at Santana who looks back down at her. Coach Sylvester? she mouths and Santana nods in agreement mouthing it back.

Coach Sylvester.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Camila stands alone at her locker, fumbling with her textbooks so she can remind herself which ones she needed to bring home to read. After the four Cheerios talked to Coach Sylvester about the 8,000 dollars, she brought up the idea of hosting one of the typical high school car washes to get the money.

She frowns to herself, trying to figure out a way to fit in the large amount of homework she had to do in the small amount of free time she actually had.

"You alright, Camz?"

The girl tears herself away from her locker only to see Santana standing there with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just a little distracted. What's up, San?"

Santana smiles very softly. "Do you want to come over and watch movies? My parents are having a date night so they'll probably be gone till like 3 am."

"Yeah." Camila agrees and any stress about school and the Cheerios goes away with the offer. "That's exactly what I need right now."

The taller cheerleader smiles widely in response. She opens her mouth to continue the conversation but the second she looks behind Camila's shoulder any trace of happiness disappears. Camila watches her with confusion until the familiar arm wraps around her shoulders.

She looks to her right and smiles at Jack. The smile drops when she realizes that the two are glaring at each other.

"Guys!" She exclaims, slamming her locker shut and slightly pushing her boyfriend away so she could look at both Santana and Jack at the same time. "This has been happening for months. I should be able to be with my best friend and my boyfriend without the both of them ready to kill each other. I'm not going to get rid of either of you anytime soon so can you both just please stop fighting?"

Jack makes eye contact for a few seconds with Camila until he finally relents, turning towards Santana and extending his hand. "I'm sorry." He says it through gritted teeth, but Camila takes it as progress nonetheless.

Santana purses her lips, glancing back and forth between the football player's face and hand. She sighs, shaking his hand. "Yeah, whatever."

They both lean in closer to one another so that Camila can't hear what they are saying and Santana begins speaking again. "If you even think about hurting her I will go all Lima Heights on your ass."

"Unlike you, I actually care about her." He growls back.

Jack and Santana let go of each other and back away simultaneously. Camila smiles widely at both of them and even though they absolutely hate one another, both of them are glad that they made the short girl happy.

"Okay!" Camila chirps, any hints of annoyance in her voice gone. "I'll see you at the car wash San." She leans up and hugs her tightly and Santana smirks at Jack, much like he did to her before.

"You're still coming over after, right?"

The short girl nods eagerly. "Absolutely." She pulls away from Santana, walking over and holding Jack's hand, interlocking their fingers.

He kisses the top of her head and the couple starts walking down the hallway, Camila giggling at something that Jack said.

Neither of them see Santana's eyes narrow dangerously when a pang of an unknown emotion stabs at her chest.