𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter fifty three.
episode sixteen.
songs: home  stephanie mills.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

When April told the Glee Club about her plan to surprise Will by buying the auditorium for him and having them all sing a song, everyone was ecstatic. The teenagers wait anxiously outside of the choir room for April's signal and when the woman stares at them through the door's window for a moment, they all quietly walk in behind Will and they stand by the piano as April continues talking to distract him.

"I'm going to take my hush money and I'm going to mount the first-ever all-white production of The Wiz."

Will laughs incredulously. "Okay."

"And I've got you to thank."

Rachel takes a step forward excitedly. "Did you tell him yet?"

The man glances between the two girls with a confused look on his face. "Tell me what?"

April points to herself. "That I bought y'all the auditorium." The members of the Glee Club all clap and cheer.

"What?!"

"I wrote ol' Figgins a check this morning. It's now called the April Rhodes Civic Pavilion."

Will's mouth open and closes as he tries to comprehend what exactly is going on. "I- I don't know what to say."

"We've got that covered." Rachel pipes in with a smirk.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

April walks onto the stage in a white dress as soft music begins filling the room. The New Directions stand behind the curtain, waiting for it to disappear and for them to begin singing the background music.

⇘⇙

ʜᴏᴍᴇ - ᴘᴇʀғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀᴘʀɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴs

⇗⇖

"When I think of home I think of a place where there's love overflowing. I wish I was home, I wish I was back there with the things I been knowing. Wind that makes the tall grass bend into leaning." The woman stretches her arms and the curtain opens, revealing the teenagers.

"Suddenly the raindrops that fall have a meaning. Sprinklin' the scene makes it all clean. Maybe there's a chance for me to go back. Now that I have some direction." The Glee Club begins singing softly in the background. "It sure would be nice to be back home where there's love and affection. Then just maybe I can convince time to slow up. Giving me enough time in my life to grow up. Time, be my friend."

"Let me start again."

April smiles at the kids. "Let me start again. Living here, in this brand-new world might be a fantasy, oh, oh, oh, oh. But it taught me to love so it's real, real, real to me. And I've learned we must look, look inside our hearts to find, yeah. A world full of love like yours, like mine. Like home."

"Like home."

"Home!"