𝐗𝐗𝐗.

╔═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╗

chapter thirty.
episode ten.
songs: endless love  lionel richie.

╚═════ °• ♫ •° ═════╝

"Ballad," Will states, writing the word on the whiteboard. "From Middle English, balade. Who knows what this word means?"

"It's a male duck," Brittany states, causing everyone to look at her.

Camila high-fives the blonde sitting next to her and Will ignores them.

"Kurt." The teacher says, pointing at the boy who's raising his hand.

"A Ballad is a love song."

The man shrugs. "Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music—which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way.

He clasps his hands together. "Okay, now, Sectionals are in a few weeks and there's a new rule this year—we have to perform..." He points to the board behind him. "A ballad."

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off!" Rachel announces, excitedly turning to Puck who just nods slowly.

"Okay. So here's our assignment for the week: I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it."