Chapter 13: Yui Kodai (Part 5)

Our protagonist woke up to bright room, he looked around, and saw himself in a hospital bed. (He was fine due to Eri's quirk, but was still exausted) Oh yeah, he fought overhaul. He honestly didn't know how he could forget something as major as that. How many students could say that they fought a Yakuza boss and beat him?

Then he remembered about Eri. He felt horrible that she'd went through something that traumatic, he made up his mind. He would go see her as soon as possible. But first he had to do something about his current situation.

He tried to get up but couldn't, he looked over to see Yui sitting in a chair, with her eyes closed and her head in his lap. He smiled, she'd stayed with him in the hospital. He was happy he had her as someone he could rely on. Izuku gently nudged Yui until she woke up. Yui rubbed her eyes and yawned before looking around, once she spotted Izuku, she smiled a little.

"Idiot." Yui said.

"H-Huh?!" Izuku said, surprised of her first words to him when he'd woken her up.

"I called you and Idiot." Yui said with her usual blank face.

"W-Why?"

"How could you be so reckless? I get that you were trying to save that little girl, but you were obviously hurting.

"H-How do you know? You weren't at the fight." Izuku said with mild surprise that Yui had heard about the fight so early.

"Idiot, It was on the news. Everyone saw you fighting that monster thing." Oh yeah, he forgot that they were basically fighting in public.

"W-Well, I'm sorry for worrying you." Izuku said.

"I forgive you, but try to be less reckless, I hate seeing you like that." Yui said while whispering that last part.

"I'll try." was all Izuku said.

"Well I've got to get going, as much as I'd like to stay, I have assignments that need to be completed." Yui said, giving him a quick peck on the cheeks before leaving with a pink tint on her cheeks.

The kiss was so quick that he barely felt it, but he did. He held his hand up to his red face, that was his first time being kissed by someone that wasn't his mother.

Later in the day, Izuku got visited by the rest of Class 1-A, before visiting Kirishima, who was apparently in worse condition than he was.

It was currently 6 PM, Izuku was still in the hospital, He would have to stay one more night in the hospital so they could run tests. Izuku lied down, dozing off before hearing a scream, a familiar one. He jolted up, recognizing that voice as Eri, he got up and ran to where the screams were.

As he neared the room Eri was in, he wondered if she had a nightmare. After all, someone couldn't go through that torture and sleep soundly. Izuku opened the door, to see her on her bed in a fetal position, crying her eyes out.

Izuku walked up to the bed and tried to pat her head, she whimpered at his touch and looked up.

"Deku? What are you doing here?" Eri said with teary eyes.  

"Shhh, it's ok, everything is gonna be ok." Izuku said as he repeatedly patted Eri on her head.

"Once she quieted down, Izuku was gonna get up to go but Eri's hand tugged on Izuku's hospital gown.

"Please don't leave, I'm scared." Eri said, her eyes tearing up once more.

Izuku looked at her before nodding, he crawled into the hospital bed with Eri and held her to him. Eri snuggled in his chest before dozing off. It didn't take long before she fell asleep, and all it took was someone she could cuddle with.

THE NEXT DAY

Izuku awoke to giggles, he opened his eyes to see Eri giggling at a television set up in front of the bed.

"Good morning Eri, are you enjoying the TV?" Izuku asked.

"Yes! The talking dog keeps saying funny things to it's papa!" Eri said before blinking in confusion and turning back to Izuku.

"Deku, what's a papa?" Eri asked.

Izuku felt bad that she didn't know what a papa was, he could kinda relate, with his father being on business trips for his whole life and all. If anything, All Might was more a father to him than his actual father was.

"Well Eri, a papa is someone who takes care of you and keeps you safe, a papa is also someone you trust." Izuku said.

"Tr-Trist? What's trist?" Eri asked in confusion.

Izuku chuckled before speaking.

"Trust, is when you believe in someone." Izuku replied.

"Then aren't you my papa? I trist you and you kept me safe and took care of me." Eri asked, even more confused now.

"W-What? I don't think you know what I mean, Eri." Izuku said in surprise.

"Well, do you know who my papa is?" Eri asked with hope etched onto her face.

Izuku didn't want to make her upset so he just went with the easiest answer he could think of.

"No, I don't know who your papa is, I'm sorry." Eri looked dejected before Izuku continued. "But, you can call me your papa if that helps." Eri suddenly looked up in surprise.

"Are you sure?" Eri asked.

"Yes, if it makes you happy then I'm fine with it." Izuku answered.

"YAAAY, I HAVE A PAPA NOW!" Eri exclaimed before getting up and hopping around in joy.

Izuku smiled at seeing this, and was happy that she'd have someone to rely on.

Not too soon after, Aizawa and Mirio visited.

"Hey Midoriya! It's surprising to see you in Eri's room." Mirio said.

"Oh, she had a nightmare so I came to calm her down." Izuku said before picking up the energetic Eri who let out a small 'eep' before calming down after being placed on his lap.

"That aside, today is the day you are cleared to leave the hospital." Aizawa said.

"What about Eri? Where will she go after this?" Izuku asked.

"She can't stay at an orphanage due to the problems with her quirk, so we're thinking about that." Aizawa said.

"Then, why doesn't she stay at the dorms? If I not wrong there is an empty room right next to mine?" Izuku asked.

"That might be a good idea, all we'd need is some furniture and some clothes for Eri." Aizawa mused. "Alright it's settled, I'll speak to Nezu about Eri living in the dorms."

"Great! Did you hear that Eri? You'll get to stay in the same building as me!" Izuku said.

"Really?! I get to live with papa?" Eri asked.

"Well it won't only be me, there are other people but they're nice, I promise!" Izuku said with a bright smile on his face.

'Well they're all nice, except 1 or 2 people.' Izuku thought, mainly thinking of Mineta and Bakugo.

"Papa?" Aizawa and Mirio said at the same time.

"I'll explain later." Izuku said.

A/N: When I say Fl, you say uff, Fl, uff, Fl, uff. Thanks for reading this fluffy chapter, I really enjoyed writing this chapter. As usual, If you're on wattpad please vote and comment, If you're on FFN please review and follow the story. If you're on webnovel stay tuned for next chapter, Chapter 14: Kyoka Jiro (Part 5)

Also follow my new Instagram - vacant_thoughts_ig