21 - Caught Red-handed

AKANSHA POV:

I peeped inside my cupboard not knowing what to wear. I don't know why it's always difficult to select a dress to wear. I scratched my neck searching for party wear. But, to my luck, I can't spot any party dresses of mine!

'When was the last time you went for a party?', my inner self mocked me.

'I told you to search; not to mock. Now shut up and search. '

"Are you not yet ready? ",Kryz's voice entered my room.

I turned to look at her, who was wearing her pyjamas. I tried my best this whole week to make her come with me to the party. But she dodged all my pleas saying she is not comfortable with parties since her breakup. She is afraid of witnessing something else this time. She is scared!

"You girl! You haven't even selected your dress? Now move aside! Let me handle the situation ",she said, making me sit on the bed.

She came a few seconds back with a dress on her hand.

"No way! I am not wearing that ",I said firmly, folding my hands in front of me.

"You are going to a party. And you know what parties look like! And don't act like you haven't worn these types of dresses ",she said firmly and rushed me towards the bathroom to change.

The dress is black, sleeveless, body fit falling just above my knees. It hugs my body like a second skin. It's been quite a many months since I have worn something like this. I feel hot and sexy. I feel more confident in myself too. I looked at the mirror for the last time and exited the bathroom to hear a squeal from Kryz.

"Damn girl! You look hot! I miss this Akansha very much ",she said, hugging me.

Before I could say anything, she made me sit and did my hairstyle and makeup.

"Are you still not changing your mind? ",I asked her again what felt like an umpteenth time.

"Kanz! You told me that won't ask me again ",she said quietly while doing my hairstyle.

"I will feel alone there without you. Nothing will happen like you think Kryz. This time I will be with you. We can go there and enjoy ourselves ",I said hoping for her to change her mind.

She kept quiet and did my makeup. "I--- I don't know. Those incidents are still rushing to my mind. I can't think straight. What if I go there to witness something heartbreaking? I can't go through those feelings again! ",she said with her eyes filled with tears.

I hugged her. She silently sobbed on my shoulders. Then she retreated back. "Okay my girl! Go and show off your body to the world!! ",she tried to cheer me up.

I smiled at her. I looked at the time to see it's past 9.45 p.m. I guess I need to go.

"I hope you will come ",I said for the last time

She gave me a tight smile in return. I sighed and walked slowly expecting her to stop me from going and then asking me to wait for her so that she could get ready.