33 - My Childhood

AKANSHA POV:

The birds were chirping around the warm climate and the breeze brushed past the leaves causing pleasant, rustling sounds of the leaves of the Willow.

"Mr. John is my uncle, my mother's brother ",Parth suddenly said beside me.

Uncle? His mother's brother?

"My family was perfect till my mother's death ",he whispered.

His mother is dead? I didn't expect this!! What am I supposed to say?

I kept my hands on his shoulders trying to comfort him not knowing what to say to comfort him.

He looked at me and then gave a faint smile which was totally fake!

"My mother died in an unfortunate accident when I was five. At that age, I thought my mother left me alone. My father who should be there with me totally ignored me and was totally into developing his business. The day before my mother's death was the last day I had my family. Even though I have my father as a namesake, I have lost him that day. Uncle John was very close to my mother. He always teases her whenever he gets the chance. Even I will support Uncle John when my mother complains about him. But all of these vanished on that day!! Uncle John went into depression just like my father and avoided me and became a stiff person. The only reason why Uncle John is still working here as a professor is only for my mother as it was her wish ",he said with his eyes welled up.

I cupped his cheeks and kissed his forehead softly silently giving him my strength and support. 

"That's the reason why I respect him even though I wish to go against him", he said, lost in his thoughts

He has been ignored during his childhood!! That's the reason why he was so cold and distant to others.

"I will be alone at the house with only the servants around. I---- I felt lonely. Whenever I see a happy family, I get jealous of them. Andy and Theo were the one who were able to break the barrier of mine and became my friends. At the start, when they tried to become my friend, I would give them a cold shoulder or shout at them. But they were patient with me. One day, when they tried to befriend me, in anger, I pushed the nearby shelf consisting of books, making it fall down one over the other and the whole library collapsed. I was shell-shocked not knowing what to do. The librarian caught us and asked who did it. Theo and Andy said that we all did that together, making the librarian punish us by giving the work to make the library look as it was before. It was a hell of work with lots of fun!!! But soon we became friends after that. I am very glad that I have those two idiots in my life ",Parth smiled, reminiscing his happy days.

"My day will be so fun with them. But at night, I felt lonely. But it stopped when I had the company of other girls at night. My thoughts were distracted by them. So, I continued it gladly. But there came this clumsy, little girl calling me Mr. Red Shirt changing my usual way of living ",Parth smiled cheekily looking at me.