31 - A Tragic Accident

AKANSHA POV:

I took a deep breath trying to calm myself. Those days still haunt me but I am still trying my best to forget it.

Flashback:

"Grandpa ",I squealed cheerfully when he threw me in the air and then caught me again.

"Be careful Stan. Your hands have become weak too ",Grandma said walking in with my favorite candy bar milkshake.

"Candy bar Milkshake ",I squealed happily and ran towards Grandma and took it from her hand, drinking it heartily.

"Kanz! Are you ready to go? ",Mom asked, coming into the garden.

"Yes Mom. I will go and play with nature ",I said excitedly.

"Kanz! You should be a good girl.

You should not disturb your grandparents unnecessarily.

You should behave well.

You should not break any things.

You should never forget to video call us daily ",she said the same words again.

"Dad wishes to send you off but he is caught up with his important meeting at the last minute. He apologized to you for that, right?"

"Yes. Dad was so sweet. So, I accepted his apology. And I spoke to Sam too. He is enjoying his school tour ",I pouted.

"And you are going to enjoy your day with your grandparents. Isn't it cool?", Mom said, changing my mind.

"Yes ",I exclaimed happily and hugged her.

"Is it okay to go now? I saw in the news that it may rain heavily on the way", Mom said to Grandpa Stanley.

"I can manage ", Grandpa smiled at Mom. A very wrong decision!!

"Take care dear. Mom loves you so much ", Grandma said tear-eyed hugging mom.

"I love you too Mom ", Mom hugged Grandma tight.

"It's my turn Shana. So move ",Grandpa said, separating Grandma from Mom making them laugh and he then hugged mom.

"I love you Dad ",Mom said tear-eyed.

"Love you dear. Now stop this stupid tears", he said making Mom and Grandma laugh.

Little did anyone know that this was their final meet.

"I miss you Akansha ",Mom said, hugging me.

"I will speak with you daily Mom. Don't worry ",I smiled at her.

"We will take care of her with our lives", Grandpa said with a smile on his face.

Soon, Grandpa started the car and we were on the way to Ooty, an amazingly cool place, my mom's native.