Classified- Case 18

Naruto P.O.V

After me and Boruto were done crying, we left his room, and went back downstairs. But, unluckily, Hinata saw that Boruto eyes were red and puffy still. "Boruto, why are you crying? Did something happen?" She said.

Boruto rubbed his eyes and said "It's nothing. Naruto just told me his life story, and it was very sad. That's all" I was hurt. He still hadn't gotten used to calling me 'Dad' yet.

Hinata saw the look on my face, and hugged me. "It's ok, Naruto-kun. Boruto will go back to the way he was and get his memories back" 

I laid my head on her shoulder. "No...I don't want him to go back to normal" I murmured.

Hinata's eyes widened "What?" I looked up at her. Her eyes were full of fear and sadness. "Why don't you want him to get his memories back?"

I looked down. Hinata sighed. "We'll talk about later, dinner is ready" She walked away, and I felt guilty.

Himawari happily set the plates and drinks onto the table, as Hinata served the food. I sat down, Boruto next to me.

"Thank you for the food!" Everyone said besides me, and started eating.

Boruto glanced at me as he stuffed some dumplings into his mouth. He took a big gulp and looked at me."Why aren't you eating? Are you not hungry?"

I shrugged. "I-i just don't feel like eating right now..." 

Boruto's face saddened and he thought for a moment. "Is it because of my amnesia? Do you want me to have my memories back?"

I looked at him, but couldn't say anything. I just nodded. Yes it's because of his amnesia, but I don't want him to get his memories back.

He looked down."Do I make you uncomfortable?"

I shook my head. "No, of course not"

He then played with his food. Then stopped.

He took a big bite out of a piece of meat and said "Thank you for understanding, Dad"

I said nothing and stared at my food. "Your welcome, Boruto" I replied quietly.

 I think Boruto heard me because he smiled and continued to eat. 

Himawari and Hinata chatted as Boruto continuously stuffed food in his mouth as if it's the first thing he had ever eaten.

Himawari and Hinata giggled as Boruto got a mashed potato mustache and Boruto laughed along with them and wiped it off with his napkin.

I felt left out, but it's my fault. I'm not enjoying the meal like they are. I'm not laughing as Boruto gets food all over his shirt like they are. I'm not acting like Boruto doesn't have amnesia, like they are...

I picked up my chopsticks "Thank you for the food..." I murmured and ate in silence.