It is True || Pointlessblog

I notice Zoe and Tanya leaving whilst everyone is talking. I sigh to myself. If they get caught, I don't know what will happen. I just want them to be okay and realise that there is nothing wrong. When will they realise that?

---------

When I come back to the flat, Zoe is sitting on the bed, staring at the wall in a terrific state. She has tissues all around her and she's shivering. I know straight away what is wrong.

Anxiety.

"Zoe!" I gasp, running to her and hugging her. She starts crying again as I hug and rub her arms. "Shhh, it's okay. You got caught, didn't you?" I say into her eyes. "It's okay, we will figure it out..."

"No" she whispers, wiping her eyes slowly. "Me and Tan didn't get caught. But we found out something. Something that could ruin us Alfie."

Ruin us? What the hell is she talking about?

I move next to her and wrap my arms around her. "Please tell me what is going on" I say softly, stroking her head. She leans back onto my lap.

"We sneaked up to the meeting room" she begins, whispering like it was a horror movie. "We hid behind the door so we could hear what they were saying. And we... We found out..." She starts sobbing again.

"Zoe, please finish your sentences, please" I say calmly to her. I am really worried now.

"Sorry... We... We are not living with Google right now Alfie. We are living in a house with people who are trying to break down Youtube. To end it. I have prove, look at this." She gets out of my reach and wipes her eyes. Then she gets her laptop and opens it on her page.

"Look at my subscribers" she points, and I notice her arm is shaking. "When we came here, I had 7.1 million subscribers, right?"

"Yeah.. We ordered pizza to celebrate" I say, remembering the clear moment. We were so happy she was still frequently gaining subscribers.

"Look how many I have now... And remember, subscribers don't just go like that." I look deeply into the screen until I see. 7, 000, 564 subscribers. That's 100, 000 less than she had a few days ago. No one ever looses that many subscribers in a week. We don't loose many, to be honest. That's defiantly not like Zoe's viewers. Zoe is right, something isn't right.

"What are they doing?" I whisper, still staring in shock at the screen.

Zoe takes a deep breathe. "They are destroying my viewers youtube accounts" she whispers. "And remember, some of our viewers say that they have bad life's and our videos cheer them up. And they also said that they will hack our devices and make it seem like we quit youtube. I heard that when me and Tan were running away. That will crush our viewers. Maybe even dangerously hurt them.." Zoe starts crying again.

It's true. Some of our viewers are so supportive and sweet, they have horrible life styles and our videos help them. How are they going to cope with us leaving youtube, when we are the ones that help them? I love helping my viewers through hard times, and if I'm gone...

"Zoe, we need to tell the rest" I whisper. "And we need to tell them quick. I don't know what will happen if not. Viewers watch YouTube videos to make the, feel better. Get them through hard times. Beth's make them happy. Yours make them happy. Everyones videos make the viewers happy. I don't know what some of them do without youtube."

And, finally, I understood why Zoe was having anxiety. Why she was crying. Our careers are in trouble.

But that's not the worst bit. The worst bit is our viewers might loose what matters a lot to them.

--------

Dramamamamammamamaammaaaaaaa

I wrote this because I was trying to hint how much youtube means to me, and I'm sure to other people as well. I just don't know what I'd do without YouTube being there and supporting me through hard times.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Love you

Xxxxxxx