A Funeral like No Other

Ray's pov

I sighed heavily as I looked at my gum tube. I was dressed in a black tuxedo for Henry's funeral. A tear ran down my cheek.

Gosh, why did it have to be Henry! Of all people!

I ran my hand through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Ray? You okay?" I saw Jasper coming down the stairs and staring at me.

He had tear tracks which told me he'd been crying. Of course, he has, Henry's his best friend!

"I-no, I'm not," I admitted.

Jasper looked down, "Me too," He then sighed, " Let's just get this over with."

He began walking toward the door. I followed after him.

We walked to the man van where the rest of the team, including Henry's parents, were. I entered the back seat and immediately got flashes of Henry dying.

What's worse is that Henry's body, covered in satin, is right in front of us.

We kept Henry's body ever since he- died so now we're bringing him to his funeral.

Gosh! This day is so wrong. I looked at the sky,

Dawn broke over Mt Swellview's ridge, throwing rays of golden light over the sleepy city of Swellview

How can a day this good and beautiful mean so depressing?

I looked at the streets of swellview, where a lot of graffiti and paintings of Kid Danger are drawn. It's just been a day but people are already doing these things, I smiled softly before it disappeared once again.

I looked at Henry, the white satin covered his body. I wanted to pull it off and see him again but I was afraid of the pain that might come afterward.

"You can- if you want to." Piper and Charlotte were looking at me then at the satin.

With a shaky hand, I lifted it off Henry, just enough to show his face.

He looked good. If I didn't know better, I would've thought he was just asleep. He was dressed in a tuxedo and a bow and he didn't have this mask on.

(What he looks like Ray's also wearing the same thing when he's not in his suit)

We've all discussed that we shouldn't tell Kid Danger's identity so paparazzi don't mob Henry's family/ friends

We've all discussed that we shouldn't tell Kid Danger's identity so paparazzi don't mob Henry's family/ friends. We would dress Henry as Kid Danger one last time so the citizens of Swellview can give him their respects. Then, we would have a private funeral for him as Henry Hart.

I let a tear cascade down as I stared at his face, Schwoz healed all his scars and injuries by then. (Ik this isn't possible bc like when u die, ur cells die and ur cells are the one that heals things but for the sake of this story) He also gave me my back.