Of Confrontations and Comfort

BANG!

I slammed my hand against Amara's door.

BANG! I looked at my hand, covered in purple bruises from constantly slamming it against the door.

BANG!

"Come on Amara, you can't escape me! We'd have to talk eventually!" I said.

Eversince I got back here, I have been trying to talk to Amara. Unfortunately, the tiredness and lack of sleep is catching up to me. With a final BANG my knees bent as I fell, slumped against the door. I began to think back to when I was dragged back here.

12 hours ago, give or take a few...

____________________________________________________________________________

My eyes snapped open and I immediately sat up with a shout of, "Ray!"

I looked around to realize that I'm now back in my lounge in the afterlife, "Dang it!" I said, as I burst through the doors of my lounge, and ran to Amara's room, passing the wave and the main afterlife while doing so.

"Hen!" I heard, I looked to my right to see Ben in the distance, waving his hand but I ignored him.

The only thing that was going through my head was Ray.

RayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayvRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRayRay

I finally reached Amara's room and tried to burst through the door only to fall.

"Owwww" I muttered as I rubbed my sides, " That gonna bruise."

I shook the lingering pain off and quickly got up once more and started banging on the door, " Amara! Open the door! I need to talk to you! Pleasee Amara!" I cried ever so desperately.

"I will stay here until you open the door!" I said in slight anger as I banged the door even more.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... That's how I ended up here. I closed my eyes to think about Ray and with a spark of motivation, I banged the door so hard that it broke.

My eyes widened and a smile crept it's way to my face.

I let out a short, happy laugh before rushing in to find Amara, sitting on the couch, looking at me, surprised.

"You- broke the door??" she asked in a very high-pitched voice.

"Yeah, we need to talk." I snapped, sternly.

"Hen, we made a deal, I've told you-"
"Yeah well that deal is going to cost thousands of lives if you don't break it!''

"I can't just destroy the rules of the universe just so you can meet Ray again!" she yelled.

I stared at her in shock as that shock turned into anger, pain and was that fear? The anger and pain engulfed me as for once in my life, I was actually scared of Amara.

I composed myself, forcing me to look calm then nodded, "ok, then. I apologize, my lady." I stiffly bowed to her and promptly left.

As I did, I saw Amara looking slightly guilty and sad, I didn't care though. My fury is more dominant than my sympathy for her.

Before I left, I looked at her with a passive face and said, " Oh yeah! Thanks for nothing"

I jogged back to my lounge, ignoring the "hello's" I heard.

I finally made my way to my room and slammed the door shut, I curled up to a ball on the floor and began to sob. I'm not coming back.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------