22

The next day, Levi and the others led Eren and I to a classroom to discuss something.

"I said the only way to stop the two of you in your Titan form is to go for the kill. But with this method, you two will only be injured." Levi said and faced the chalkboard with a chalk in his hand.

"That said, it requires a certain amount of skill. In essence, you two will be cut along with the nape. As a result, the ends of your arms and legs will be severe." Levi said after drawing on the board.

I looked at the drawing he drew. A figure which looked like a Titan with a dotted oval shape lined in the wrists and legs.

Levi then looked at Eren and I. "Then again, they'll just grow back like a lizard's, right? How disgusting." he said and scrunched his face up.

I slightly cringed and mentally agreed. "I can't even look at the injection when it's injected into me and this is worse than that."

"Wait a minute. I don't even know how they grow back or anything. Isn't there any other way..." Eren said in worry and held my hand.

Levi squinted his eyes on him. "So you want there to be no danger and no cost whatsoever?" he asked and faced us.

"N-no..." Eren stuttered and I closed my eyes.

"Let's just face it Eren. They'll cut our arms and legs off until we're just a straight up head and chest. What's this? Fucking roblox? Want me to say 'oof!' ?" I internally cried.

"Then prepare yourselves." Levi said and I opened my eyes again to listen.

"We're on the same boat. There's a risk you two will kill us. So rest at ease." Levi said.

"Right. I understand." Eren said and I nodded, not in the mood yet to speak.

"S-So, I can experiment now, right?" Hange said, making me flinch and look at them with wide eyes.

"JESUS! WHERE DID THEY COME FROM?! I swear, one day, Hange is going to give me a heart attack!"

Eren rubbed my shoulder to calm me down and I thanked him.

"The risk is high. But even so, we can't afford to not inspect them." Levi said and side-glanced Hange.

"I can take care of the planning, right? Eren, (Y/n), if the two of you are confused about anything, figure it out. There's plenty of reason to risk our lives for this." Hange said.

.
.
.
.
.

Hange and Levi led us to an open field with a well. We wore our three-dimensional maneuver gear with us.

Hange instructed that Eren will go first and go down inside the deep well using the rope ladder to climb down.

Eren complied and climbed down the well. I watched him as he safely climbed down and waved at us, signaling that he got down completely.

"Ready to start, Eren? Once we're ready, we'll fire a smoke signal. What you do after that is up to you." Hange said as they stood next to me to look down at Eren.

Eren raised his hand and looked up at us. "Understood!" he yelled.

Hange nodded. "This dry well will be able to restrain a Titan even if it's out of control. Probably." they muttered and looked at me.

"Well then, let's go back on our horses and move a good distance away." Hange said and walked towards their horse.

"Did Hange just unintentionally make a pun using well?" I thought and shook my head and looked down at Eren.